• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract Extensions

tom_ecfc

Did you not do geography in school?
Plymouth is in Cornwall 😉

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plymouth is in Cornwall 😉
Oh dear....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like another big turnover of players this summer which isn't a bad thing, the current crop haven't exactly set the world alight.

Hopefully Cheick will sign an extension and we can tie down Mitchell for another year or two. The rest that are out of contract I don't really care about.

Trampus

Looks like another big turnover of players this summer which isn't a bad thing, the current crop haven't exactly set the world alight.

Hopefully Cheick will sign an extension and we can tie down Mitchell for another year or two. The rest that are out of contract I don't really care about.
Yeah, cos we are so good at identifying and signing replacements aren’t we.

Grecian Max

Well you think Diabate is a League 2 player so it should be relatively straightforward

Diabate is a good league2 centre half which is where he will be next season.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)

This summer will still represent a good amount of turnover, but I think we are in a far better place than at the end of last season. With all these first team players signed on for next season we have a better starting point than last season.

Players signed on:
Niskanen
Sweeney
Aimson
Fitzwater
Jules - Option (Hopefully this is exercised)
Purrington
Harper
Cole
Aitchison
Cox
Alli
Watts - Option (Doubt we will exercise this)
Cummins - Probably still will go out on loan

Hopefully Cheick and Harry Lee will sign on and I would like to keep Carroll, but expect he will look to move back closer to home unfortunately. Hopefully we may be able to get a couple of the loans back, but a lot of that will be out of our control.

Demi is the big wild card in all this and if we are able to get him signed on and fully fit that would be huge, but expect that to be 50/50.

It will still be a big summer, but I feel we are better placed this year. The main issue still remains and hopefully we are able to do good business at the top end of the pitch!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not particularly, but the likes of Wildschut, Eisa (unless he pulls his finger out), Kyle Taylor, Harry Kite, can all leave. Add the loanees of Rankine, Sinisalo, Harris, Muskwe, and Woods to this number and we'll need to replace a high level of numbers again, so whether we're good at finding replacements or not, we're going to have to try.

Rosencrantz

Not particularly, but the likes of Wildschut, Eisa (unless he pulls his finger out), Kyle Taylor, Harry Kite, can all leave. Add the loanees of Rankine, Sinisalo, Harris, Muskwe, and Woods to this number and we'll need to replace a high level of numbers again, so whether we're good at finding replacements or not, we're going to have to try.
Including loans, we lost fifteen players last summer that we have replaced with twenty players over the two transfer windows and those out of contract in September. I can't remember that kind of rebuild in recent years. Maybe have to go back to Noel Blake for that amount of player turnover.

Whilst it will be a significant number of churn in the summer, I doubt we will be too near those numbers so a move in the right direction hopefully. A few more contact extensions wouldn't go amiss though.

Boyo

Players signed on:
Niskanen
Sweeney
Aimson
Fitzwater
Jules - Option (Hopefully this is exercised)
Purrington
Harper
Cole
Aitchison
Cox
Alli
Watts - Option (Doubt we will exercise this)
Cummins - Probably still will go out on loan
I would suggest that Harper, Cole and Cox are all significantly improved on where they were back in August. So not only is is great that they are signed on, the quality of the squad is rising.

We seem ok at the back with the exception of cover at RWB and a goalkeeper. Obviously Cheick signing would be a big bonus here.
Lacking numbers and quality in midfield and the perennial strikers situation inherited from Summer 2023.
As an aside if Vil wins POTY he will be in The Championship next season rather on loan with us. Similar situation to Stanno.