• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United V's Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Sunday 29th December 2019

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
All injured....

Corey

This one is available to watch on iFollow even if you're in the UK. How many changes are predicted from Thursday? I'll go four. By the way, I wasn't sure why a few players were omitted from the squad on Thursday? Fisher, Woodman and Moxey? I forgot to ask. Injuries/suspensions/hangovers? Or are we resting players like the aspirational Champions League team we are now?
All injuries. Matt Taylor said all players not in the 18 on Thursday were injured.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks!

CWH-NYC_

A tough old test today, depth off the benches to be the deciding factor? Still think we might nick it. UTC

Exehausted

I don't think Matt has much room to make many, if any, unforced changes. I doubt Jack will be fit so I would switch Randell to left wing back. You then either play Richardson at right wing back or put Jake out there and bring Collins back into the middle. Jake would be my choice because I think he is better defensively. Also, if Nicky needs a rest you could bring in Matt Jay. His high energy and work rate might help stop Colchester getting on top early on. Another possibility is to start Nicky Ajose. Even if he only lasts for 60 minutes you then have the high pressing, high work rate, of Lee Martin to get about a (hopefully) tiring defence. Given my previous form on team selection predictions I doubt any of them will happen! I'm going for a hard fought 1-0 win.

IndoMike

Maxted
Sweeney - Martin - Parkes
Williams - Jake - Atangana - Collins - Martin
Jay - Bowman

Exehausted

A good shout Mike. However, if he doesn't start Ajose with Ryan I think he is more like to go with Ben Seymour. We'll have to wait the best part of an hour to find out.

grecIAN Harris

Maxted
Sweeney - Martin - Parkes
Williams - Jake - Atangana - Collins - Martin
Jay - Bowman
Put your wide men on the correct side of the pitch and you might have something. Williams went straight across to the left when Sparkes got injured on Boxing Day.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will all depend on what sort of team Matt can get on the pitch and what's on the bench with all the injuries.
Would definitely settle for a point today - COYR

MerleyRed

I have registered to watch the game on Ifollow and have received a mail confirming my payment, but I can see no instructions as to what I now do.

Please can somebody advise where I now access the game and do I need to use the 'Transaction ID' supplied in the mail.