• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

budegrecian

There has rightly been a lot of praise for the way Ben Seymour took his goal. However, looking back at the highlights he played a big part in the first goal as well - his pass to Josh Key was sensational; he's clearly learnt well from training with the likes of Nicky Law and MJ.
Very true, that. I'm not sure that Ryan would have got across the CH, at the near post, to head that in either.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
There has rightly been a lot of praise for the way Ben Seymour took his goal. However, looking back at the highlights he played a big part in the first goal as well - his pass to Josh Key was sensational; he's clearly learnt well from training with the likes of Nicky Law and MJ.
Perhaps this is better on a Ben Seymour thread, but the match highlights show Ben Seymour closely involved in most of our good moments. And his understanding/relationship with Key and Randall is really helpful. We saw in this game why MT has been more optimistic about Ben Seymour than most fans; we're all delighted, I'm sure.

arthur

Perhaps this is better on a Ben Seymour thread, but the match highlights show Ben Seymour closely involved in most of our good moments. And his understanding/relationship with Key and Randall is really helpful. We saw in this game why MT has been more optimistic about Ben Seymour than most fans; we're all delighted, I'm sure.
In his interview Ben says that the Academy boys have played together for so long that they know exactly what to expect from eachother on the pitch, where they're going to be, what sort of pass to give or receive etc. Shades of the class of 92

ryancooper327

Probably been said, but Seymour’s header was proper good. Don’t think I’ve celebrated a goal at home that much!

robchave

Just watched last night's game, how the hell didn't Chilvers get sent off at the end of the first half? He jumped into his man, lead with his elbow and caught Parkes in the face, exactly why Bowman is out for 3 games!

Don't know if anyone was screaming about this at the time but all those who felt Bowman's red was fully justified last week really should have been!
Could well be that the reaction of the other players had something to do with it. Lino flagged and Newport's players reacted immediately and rushed to confront Bowman - ref stepped in and gave a red. In the Col U game, the lino and ref ignored it and so did the Exeter players. Perhaps our players should be more 'street-wise'.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Josh Key in the EFL's League 2 team of midweek.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could well be that the reaction of the other players had something to do with it. Lino flagged and Newport's players reacted immediately and rushed to confront Bowman - ref stepped in and gave a red. In the Col U game, the lino and ref ignored it and so did the Exeter players. Perhaps our players should be more 'street-wise'.
I have been saying this for several seasons. Not cheating like Lincoln and Wycombe, but better at influencing the officials to make the right decisions and managing the game.

Grecian2K

Shades of the class of 92
Not all headed for Salford I hope!

Rosencrantz

I think Jake appealed but as the ref played on we can't just stop. Jake then went back and had a word, as did Parkes when play stopped.

STURTZ

Probably been said, but Seymour’s header was proper good. Don’t think I’ve celebrated a goal at home that much!
Celebrations on a par with Les Afful's first league goal (v Halifax?)