• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clubs agree salary cap for L1 and L2

huxwar

sounds to me like they have....'
The decision follows extensive and comprehensive consultation'
So that extensive and comprehensive consultation was done without consulting the PFA, and they come back and say it’s unlawful.....
what a joke!!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to say I've never been clear what the formal status of the PFA is in these matters. I get that they have in practice a lot of power, but as Tony Benn used to say, who gave it to them and why?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The PFA are so insular it’s untrue. I get protecting your members, but when it might actually endanger their employers then perhaps you might like to have another think about that. It’s all well and good complaining about unlawful and unworkable solutions, but it won’t be as unworkable as hundreds or even thousands of your members out of work because you were too narrow minded to see the bigger picture.

iscalad

The PFA are so insular it’s untrue. I get protecting your members, but when it might actually endanger their employers then perhaps you might like to have another think about that. It’s all well and good complaining about unlawful and unworkable solutions, but it won’t be as unworkable as hundreds or even thousands of your members out of work because you were too narrow minded to see the bigger picture.
1970s unions in one paragraph.

andrew p long

Looking at our current squad I make it we have 14 over 21, but 6 more who will be 21 by start of 2021. So we would probably need to shift some out to be able to make additional signings next summer
[/QUOTE]

unintended consequence number two. If this rule comes into effect lots of players will get junked as they turn 21.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is worth a read. So, we voted in favour of the cap!

Oldsmobile-88

Can’t see the article Hants..Are the Grecians quoted as being in favour of the cap ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can’t see the article Hants..Are the Grecians quoted as being in favour of the cap ?
It tells us who voted against.

Banksy

Sob , sob , only £4500 a week.Welcome back to the real world mate.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like the PFA complaint on salary caps has been upheld, which centres around the negotiations process.