• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cleavdon PSF matchday thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thoroughly enjoyable game tonight, and after watching the two different teams in each half Tis will have a tricky job of who to leave out of his starting 11.

Of the new boys, it was good to see Heath and Thomson staying out on their respecive touchlines for the first half, and difficult to remember seeing so many crosses!! Nardiello looked eager and Noble - the big bugger - looked cool, calm and confident sat in front of the back three. I missed Nardiello's goal as I turned to speak to RAWZ, so if anyone cares to describe it, it would be much appreciated.

Nice to have a chat with Tis at half time, who said we're so far ahead and so much better prepared than we were this time last season, and who also looked and sounded genuinely excited about the coming season. Plus he's still on the lookout for another striker

Whether that's Jamie Cureton or not who can tell. Funny, I didn't think he looked all that in the second half, but I guess playing him and Watson together probably isn't the best idea, as between them they're probably still shorter than Logie. However, Cureton hit the post and scored a neat header at the far post despite being the meat in a very squashed centre half sandwich so we'll have to wait and see. Not entirely convinced meself just yet, but there's plenty of time.

Norwood's goal was a cracker. The keeper somehow contrived to roll the ball out of the area to launch it downfield only to find himself rolling it straight to Norwood's feet who simply sidefooted it round him and donked it into an empty net from the edge of the box. He looked fast too, both him and Watson, properly fast.

Other than that it's as you were with the rest of the team, although Troy was sat in the stands and didn't play, neither did any of the nippers, apart from a very capable looking Jack Furzer in the middle of the back three.

So an easy win in the end, in absolutely dreadful conditions, and after a seemingly endless wait since the World Cup final way back on Sunday, it was good to get back to proper footy again. With a decent side too.
Sounds really promising that Tis is so excited about how we're shaping up.

Did Heath play as an out and out winger or was it as a wing back? I'm hoping he'll make a good impact this season.

Glad Cureton got on the score sheet and I suppose it gives Tis some thinking to do. Strange Lawrie didn't play though.

Noble sounds quality too so all in all, not a bad start

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for taking the trouble to post that Mr Moxey. Much appreciated.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did Heath play as an out and out winger or was it as a wing back? I'm hoping he'll make a good impact this season.
Wide left, with Thomson on the right. In the middle it was Harley, Cozic and Noble. Krysiak was in goal with Edwards, Furzer and Duffy in front of him and Logan and Nardiello up front.

In the second half it was Jones in goal, Taylor, Scot Bennet and Billy Jones at the back, Tully and Golbourne as wide men with Chris Shephard, Dunne and Sercs in the middle and Norwood and Cureton up front. Watson came on for Norwood after Norwood scored.

So 3-5-2 both halves.

LammieLammieLammie

Decent work out. Clevedon wern't really good enough to get the ball out of their half much so consequently it was pretty bunched up in the first half. Heath really impressed me, reminded me a bit of Chris Vinni both to look at and the way he plays the game.

Furzer was at the back with Robbo first half, Duffy and Heath pushed forward so much it was like it was just 2 at the back.

Noble , as has been said, is quality, but obviously still a bit away from match fitness. He looks like he can ping a ball 50 yards effortlessly, and was given the armband first half.

Heath linked up with Logie well to knock the ball into Nardiello, who took it into the box and hit it hard and low . Good finish, and he looked to pick up the ball from deep often.

Thomson looked seriously quick, and occasionally came inside to an already congested midfield ...

Second half complete change, and Cureton impressed me within 30 seconds with his movement. I went to the game not really expecting to be impressed by him, but came away thinking that he'd be a really useful addition. he pulls off his marker so quickly.

He probably should have done better with a chance that a keeper put onto the post, and then hit the post again from a tight angle before he scored.

Billy looked pretty solid, and as Ant says, with Troy added to that squad, it's pretty good.

Allez Bert Cozil.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the reports. Good to have City back on the pitch.

How was Krysiak - I guess he had precious little to do except pick up overhit long balls?

LammieLammieLammie

Didnt have much to do, and he's very vocal. Has a habit of putting his arms outstretched as the ball is coming back to him, like he's telling his full backs to give him options. And he has a nice wag. ***waves at Cheggs***

OfficialECFC

Antony Moxey

Nice one Pete, good report.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks for all the feedback and excellent reports. Roll on the next one ... :)

morpheus

Sounds exciting! Can't wait for the season to start and thanks to Lammie, Moxey and Official ECFC for the great match reports which are hugely appreciated as always.