• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cleavdon PSF matchday thread

Jim Shepherd

Just back above ground in North London and LLL and Ant give a good summary.
Noble is a bigger midfielder than we're used to. More athletic looking.
Tis really seems genuinely excited about what is to come.
Good first run out for the side and looking nicely set to hit the ground running on the 7th

davecg

Looking forward to seeing the progress of Jack Furzer this season. Watched him in a few reserve games last season and he seemed to have all the attributes to make a decent player. Must be an important season for Scott Bennett to as he has undoubted talent but needs to start pressing for the first team.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are several of the youngsters that will need to push for a first team spot this season, otherwise why are they still with us! (cheap?)

Grecian1966

I've not seen Cureton but I wonder whether his benefit (should Tiz sign him) would be similar to how Birmingham use Kevin Phillips? Would he be the last gasp super striker that could poach us a goal in the last minute type player?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well I'm prepared to leave it to Tis to decide whether Cureton is the missing point of the jigsaw (let's face it he never takes any notice of me anyway:D), but I would temper the enthusiasm on here with the facts that Clevedon are not Barcelona, and Cureton was the only player out there playing for a contract, and even I would look sharp in those circumstances.

And also that I think Tis will go for a mobile target man type player.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

I've not seen Cureton but I wonder whether his benefit (should Tiz sign him) would be similar to how Birmingham use Kevin Phillips? Would he be the last gasp super striker that could poach us a goal in the last minute type player?
Thats' a good shout, later in the game when it's stretched. As always, it's interesting trying to second guess things that Tis does, because we all know everything it for a reason.... always playing Liam and Dunny together, putting Billy in the left of a three, Playing Jack Furzer a half with Robbo, putting Shep in the middle ...

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that we used Logie for that?

arthur

Good news about Noble - could prove to be an inspired signing. But the gelling of the Dunne, Sercombe and Harley combination was one of the real plusses of last season - which one of these would make way for Noble, who, if he's as good as he seems, has got to play?

But the fact that we didn't face anything like this sort of dilemma this time last year speaks volumes..

So did Stewart feature or not ? Threads here say he did, official website doesn' t mention him in line-ups.

LammieLammieLammie

I didn't see him at there at all mate, mate but he may have been in the dugout with Mel G and Tillson... Tis spent the game in the stands with the players .