• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Liverpool - Ticketing Arrangements..

Boyo

Out of interest, we didnt sell out for the Liverpool game in the League Cup a few years ago, what makes this game different? They played pretty much their entire first team back then as well.
It did sell out. I remember the moans on here from many who couldn't get tickets.

citizen

It did sell out. I remember the moans on here from many who couldn't get tickets.
According to Wikipedia the crowd was 8290 and I have no idea of what the capacity was then,as I don`t know what it is now!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Wikipedia the crowd was 8290 and I have no idea of what the capacity was then,as I don`t know what it is now!
As I understand it, theoretically the capacity is now just under 8400 as the capacity of the away end has been cut down (without police and safety approval of an exception) but TV positions, away fan separation and other practical considerations bring realistic capacity down to around 8,200. There are always a few no-shows, even for games like this, so I expect the full house number for Liverpool will be under 8,200.

citizen

As I understand it, theoretically the capacity is now just under 8400 as the capacity of the away end has been cut down (without police and safety approval of an exception) but TV positions, away fan separation and other practical considerations bring realistic capacity down to around 8,200. There are always a few no-shows, even for games like this, so I expect the full house number for Liverpool will be under 8,200.
Queston?
I was told that in League games the Season holders are always counted whether they attend or not,If a ticket is sold for a game /Cup or League,would that be counted in the attendance?
Sorry asking ,but you seem to know about these things.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Queston?
I was told that in League games the Season holders are always counted whether they attend or not,If a ticket is sold for a game /Cup or League,would that be counted in the attendance?
Sorry asking ,but you seem to know about these things.
Good question. I think the seats would be counted but the BB not. However, it may be for the Cup every ticket will have to be declared as attending, as part of accounting the away team's 45% of the net receipts. I will ask, if anyone is that interested.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And yet in the last 20 years the FA Cup has always been won by one of MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool, excepting once by Pompey and once by Wigan. This disproves your point.
It doesn't at all. Look at the squads the Premiership teams put out for cup games, they're full of reserve and fringe players because they're concentrating on keeping their first team players fresh for either the Premiership or Champions'League. Just because they still win the trophies (although granted they put their stronger sides out for the final stages) it doesn't mean they're not putting out their full sides for the earlier rounds.

Your point is irrelevent and disproves nothing.

citizen

Thanks John ,that does make sense.
I would be interested to know .
UTC.

IndoMike

It doesn't at all. Look at the squads the Premiership teams put out for cup games, they're full of reserve and fringe players because they're concentrating on keeping their first team players fresh for either the Premiership or Champions'League. Just because they still win the trophies (although granted they put their stronger sides out for the final stages) it doesn't mean they're not putting out their full sides for the earlier rounds.

Your point is irrelevent and disproves nothing.
Moxey: "The Premiership is only interested in the Premiership and Champions' League". But premiership teams have won the FA Cup the last 20 years, and Chelsea, Arsenal, MU , Man City and Pool have won it 18 times in those 20 years. Even a fool will admit he's wrong sometimes.
By the way, it's "irrelevant", with an "a" : get it? Duh...

Spoonz Red E

Good question. I think the seats would be counted but the BB not. However, it may be for the Cup every ticket will have to be declared as attending, as part of accounting the away team's 45% of the net receipts. I will ask, if anyone is that interested.
The difference with this, as a cup game, is that any season ticket seat or Big Bank space that's not claimed by a season ticket holder for this game by the deadline on 30th December will then be released for sale.

So the attendance should be calculated purely on tickets issued rather than numbers of season ticket holders.

Fareham Grecian

So the attendance should be calculated purely on tickets issued rather than numbers of season ticket holders.
And rather than the number of people who actually attend?