• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v FGR discussion thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
FGR have had a good start to the season winning all their league games until a 2-0 defeat at home to Port Vale last weekend. They have also had the crazy result of a 6-3 win against Crawley the week before.

We now have plenty of numbers within the squad so no excuses on that front. Obviously it will take a few games/weeks for the team to gel and be at their best but I still think we'll have enough to win.

Looking forward to this one and hoping to see a couple of players make their debuts.

I'm also hoping for a bigger crowd than the Rovers game, well certainly more home supporters.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couple of old faces may be in the Vegans squad, JMT subject to injury, and Kane once a grecian always a grecian Wilson, who will always be adored by Grecians everywhere for that comment. Craig needs to be wary of asking any questions to KMT on these two and stick with just the squad in red and white.

I see the line up
Dawson
Sweeney Ray Hartridge
Key Dieng Taylor Daniel
Jay
Amond Brown

On the bench
Lee Caprice Grounds Edwards Nombe Atangana Dodd

3-1 to the boys in Red & White with debut goals for Amond Brown and Taylor
Crowd unfortunately of 4853, although top of the table the Vegans aren't an atmospheric fixture, still remember that save by Johnny Maxted two seasons back.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
FGR have had a good start to the season winning all their league games until a 2-0 defeat at home to Port Vale last weekend. They have also had the crazy result of a 6-3 win against Crawley the week before.

We now have plenty of numbers within the squad so no excuses on that front. Obviously it will take a few games/weeks for the team to gel and be at their best but I still think we'll have enough to win.

Looking forward to this one and hoping to see a couple of players make their debuts.

I'm also hoping for a bigger crowd than the Rovers game, well certainly more home supporters.
More home supporters, possibly, but I'd predict no more than the same total as the Vegans have many fewer fans - they brought 446 last time, maybe 500 on Saturday? So 5,200 or so compared to 5,284 and 5,609 for Bradford

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couple of old faces may be in the Vegans squad, JMT subject to injury, and Kane once a grecian always a grecian Wilson, who will always be adored by Grecians everywhere for that comment. Craig needs to be wary of asking any questions to KMT on these two and stick with just the squad in red and white.

I see the line up
Dawson
Sweeney Ray Hartridge
Key Dieng Taylor Daniel
Jay
Amond Brown

On the bench
Lee Caprice Grounds Edwards Nombe Atangana Dodd

3-1 to the boys in Red & White with debut goals for Amond Brown and Taylor
Crowd unfortunately of 4853, although top of the table the Vegans aren't an atmospheric fixture, still remember that save by Johnny Maxted two seasons back.
Dieng has yet to play a full 90 minutes this season so even if he's fit enough to start the likelihood is that at some point MJ is likely to again have to drop back into central midfield at some point. And if Dieng doesn't start it will be interesting to see whether it's Nombe or Edwards who comes into the team. Also I'd keep Caprice in the team but then I've never seen Daniel so maybe he's the better option.

Grecianpasty

Dieng has yet to play a full 90 minutes this season so even if he's fit enough to start the likelihood is that at some point MJ is likely to again have to drop back into central midfield at some point. And if Dieng doesn't start it will be interesting to see whether it's Nombe or Edwards who comes into the team. Also I'd keep Caprice in the team but then I've never seen Daniel so maybe he's the better option.
I dont believe Daniel is match fit. Although Caprice isn't the natural option on the left, I'd be reluctant to change much of the team that beat rovers so convincingly at home last time. Taylor for Kite being the only change.

If our back 3 play well I believe we will win this. Especially with Noombe and Edwards as potential attacking options off the bench.

I'm excited for this one!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I would expect Caprice to still start at LWB for this one. Daniel probably isn't ready yet, and although Caprice doesn't really give us enough going forward playing on his wrong side (which isn't his fault), defensively he should be able to help nullify the threat of Kane Wilson coming down that side.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like Taylor and Dieng in midfield, Nigel been light training for past ten days. Archie might start to feature from next week onwards as could Josh Coley, Sam Stubbs as we all know longer term injury, but from Taylor's presser no other concerns

eurogrecian

This game comes a little early for us as all the new faces bed in and Matt finds the right formula.
I'd settle for a draw and I think that's what will happen.
A win would be a very positive signal indeed....
Should be a good match.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it’ll be like the rovers match, we’ll destroy them in the first 30 minutes.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
No chance of Nombe and Amond up front together I presume....