• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

Bat Fastard

Thought Kegs did okay after his early booking. Assume both McDonald and Harper would have started ahead of him had they been fit.

Feel a bit for Joe White. Left out of the squad completely for the Easter games and struggled to make any impact when he came on today. Looks to me like a player who thrives on confidence and I fear his is shot.

Again, liked the look of Sonny Cox. I know it was only a brief cameo, but he looks much more a man than he did last season and definitely has something about him IMO.
Completely agree on cox, first time I’ve seen him play in person….that checked pass near the end of the game was a touch of class, seems a lot more physically developed than the others so hopefully can play a big role next year

Bridgy 81

I suppose expecting half way competent refereeing is just a ridiculous pipe dream
In theory it’s not no.
But as we’ve been saying this for years (literally), don’t you think it’s about time we accept that it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon so circumvent it by doing what everyone else does to us.
Or we can continue to have this discussion about opposition teams playing the refs for many more years to come.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that GC said that Harper was left out today for a few reasons but one being looking to the future. Seeing Kegs did start, maybe he is in our thoughts for next season?

manc grecian

Interesting that GC said that Harper was left out today for a few reasons but one being looking to the future. Seeing Kegs did start, maybe he is in our thoughts for next season?
Be a long season if he is. If Harper was fit he should've played.

Radio Free Skaro

Another Derby defeat, how long before the next El Pastyco?

grecIAN Harris

Another Derby defeat, how long before the next El Pastyco?
Next season..........

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be a long season if he is. If Harper was fit he should've played.
Or at the very least, been on the bench.

It seems to me, the Harper situation is becoming as hard to comprehend as Ajose’s and Stubbs’.

Cut adrift for months, returns to the team from nowhere, does reasonably well, and now, seemingly, bang out of favour, again.

Noticed he wasn’t kitted out in City attire today, as is usually the case for any non-playing members of the squad, which makes me think he mightn’t have been over-enamoured with the situation.

Bridgy 81

Even from before the first whistle when they turned us around after winning the toss you could see their attitude. I can't remember either side turning around at the toss, home or away for years.
If that’s true, it surprises me.
If an opponent does even the most basic research on us they’d know we prefer kicking into the Big Bank end in the second half.
So if they win the toss and have an easy opportunity to take that advantage away from us why wouldn’t they?
It’s a very simple and obvious thing to do.
You’d think with the amount of preparation and analysis that goes into each match every little gain you could achieve in each match would be automatically taken.

Radio Free Skaro

Next season..........
Love it!!! a last minute dash for City to make the play-offs!!!

Charlie

Argyle are a pretty dire side to watch, compared to earlier in the season. With Wednesday currently losing their minds again they are as good as up - but will need a huge revamp not to go straight back down. So we can enjoy that next year.

City were brilliant out of the blocks but second half Argyle upped their pressing game and our wingbacks could barely get out of their half. Mitchell had a good game but isn't going to be effective for us, stuck in his own half. I thought Nombe looked off the boil and huffed and puffed. Goal was meh.

Not a classic Devon Derby at all. Argyle fans absolutely shocking yet again, sing a little bit when you're winning otherwise the usual silent fare from the Janners.
Not exactly true , on Radio Devon they commented how loud Argiggle fans were and how quiet City were ......