• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't there but thinking a similar outcome to when they gave Buster Phillips stick ?
No ...Argyle scored via Aimson of course.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

No ...Argyle scored via Aimson of course.
Ta for that isca, Always think giving an opposition player stick tends to come back to bite you on the backside.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside, I couldnt help but notice that a signicant number of very excited Argyle fans surged forward in the corner when their goal went in! Were all those people segregated from the general population of the Big Bank?
No Argyle had the whole of the big bank, so no segregation required.

Oldsmobile-88

They ran out of food last Friday as well in the away end but most Wanderers fans didn't care and took it with the usual standard of northern humour, admittedly they mostly just wanted a beer or spent ages wandering about looking for the bar at that end of the ground.

Probably says more about differnce between a big club and one that believes its one.
Spot on...They were a top lot last Friday. I managed to give one of the minbuses before they departed SJ Rd a few Pork Pies that were left over from the Stagecoach Stand.

A shame about no Carlsburg allowed for that game. Hugely frustrating for all concerned,believe me.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do wonder if Caldwell will take the opportunity to add more experience in the summer. His post match comments suggesting we were naive might indicate that he feels we need to be more streetwise and dare I say, master the shithouse side of the game more.

It’s great having so many academy players but sometimes that lack of experience and savvy does get exposed by the better teams.

Grecianpasty

I do wonder if Caldwell will take the opportunity to add more experience in the summer. His post match comments suggesting we were naive might indicate that he feels we need to be more streetwise and dare I say, master the shithouse side of the game more.

It’s great having so many academy players but sometimes that lack of experience and savvy does get exposed by the better teams.
We need more experience in our team. I'm not sure what our average age of a match day squad has been this season, but it must be one of the youngest, if not the youngest in the league.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The comment from Caldwell about Harper didn't make sense. We didn't choose him because he wouldn't be here next season so he chose White to come off the bench? If you want to win a match you needed someone who could compete,not a luxury player.

His comments about Woods.Made me think we are looking at our first choice keeper for next season.Not sure what to make of that,I'm still undecided about whether Woods has a good enough all round game to be a clear first choice without someone pushing him for that place.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The comment from Caldwell about Harper didn't make sense. We didn't choose him because he wouldn't be here next season so he chose White to come off the bench? If you want to win a match you needed someone who could compete,not a luxury player.
Moreover, you’d imagine White too is unlikely to be here next season. As I said previously, can’t help wondering if a 25th appearance for Harper in an Exeter shirt would have triggered a payment to Ipswich and that was the key consideration.

dontpassback

I think Harry lee has a very bright future with us,so if Jamal decides to depart,woods backed up lee,wouldn’t be a bad shot and then he could take number one spot when woods takes a step into coaching

fred binneys head

Reply to Egg: And maybe Newcastle have said we can have White next season