• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City get a new CEO

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anybody know anything of him? Seems to have done well to organise last weekends T20 final at Edgbaston, but how much of that is him, then I don't know.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody know anything of him? Seems to have done well to organise last weekends T20 final at Edgbaston, but how much of that is him, then I don't know.
Doubt that stadium management was part of his remit Hants.

I believe he lives in Taunton so perhaps he did not settle in Brum.

Boyo

The T20 Final has been at Edgbaston for a number of years, i.e. well before this chap pitched up at Warwickshire.

Interestingly, I believe Somerset have redeveloped their ground funded mainly by the building of retirement flats, so possibly he has some relevant redevelopment experience.

Anyway, good luck to the bauy. Let’s hope he is very, very successful.

EX4 4UX

When I opened the link, I feared that I would be disappointed, and indeed I am. When he was at Somerset, we had an email correspondence which clearly demonstrated to me that he couldn't answer a simple question and was unwilling to do so - he got my name wrong and had the most ridiculous justifications for not having a student ticket policy.

Brilliant.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the strangest thing! Mum recognised Guy from Somerset before he spoke to us at Edgbaston on Saturday, he cant of seen my ECFC fleece I had on! He said he had moved from Somerset to Edgbaston but didn't let on about this!

Alistair20000

The T20 Final has been at Edgbaston for a number of years, i.e. well before this chap pitched up at Warwickshire.

Interestingly, I believe Somerset have redeveloped their ground funded mainly by the building of retirement flats, so possibly he has some relevant redevelopment experience.

Anyway, good luck to the bauy. Let’s hope he is very, very successful.
I do not think he had anything at all to do with the development of part of the County Ground.

Langer

No asked me if he could be appointed we own buck all!!!

Alistair20000

Does anyone know what is his precise job remit ?

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is clear that commercially the club is completely inept at the moment, so this surely can't be a bad thing - and if he is any good at the job then should increase turnover by a good deal more than his salary.

The bigger question when it comes to "off field costs" for me is what the difference in Perryman and Tagg's roles are now, and can both salaries - on top of Tisdales - be justified as necessary for a club of our size (and with our turnover). I somehow suspect not.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know what is his precise job remit ?
I know that he is being brought in to revamp the whole commercial organisation, with many aspects such as POD failing to perform.

Taggy will certainly revert to being the Club Football Director.