• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City and Chiefs same owner.

StudentGrecian

The Chiefs they were a top half championship side before Rowe started properly investing in their club. Investing in a championship rugby club in 2005 would have needed significantly less money than a football league club would in 2020 to make it successful.
Like Ash points out, we would need someone with significantly more money than Rowe and I can't see that money coming from someone who has the best interests of the club at heart.

Exeter Chiefs are a really successful team and a big sporting brand now,Mr Rowe and his team have built something very special and Continue to improve, total respect.

City have always been a little club in the lower league, Nothing will ever change unless we find a new type owner like Rowe. We have had some incompetent people involved in the club over the years and it needs changing.
Who buys little clubs that have no assets and that runs at an operational loss?
Genuine question, who in the leagues above us has bought a club with little to no assets, with a 4,000 attendance, and taken them on to be more successful whilst still operating at a profit? Who are you thinking we should strive to follow in the footballing world?

Fareham Grecian

I don’t care who owns it as long as they can move the club forward.
The sort of attitude that leads to people like Russell and Lewis.

Reactions: Ash

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sort of attitude that leads to people like Russell and Lewis.
I think moving the club forward was the last thing on R&L minds

tonykellowfan

I happen to think that in general successful business people who have any kind of self awareness nowadays have no desire at all to be involved in owning a football club, it is simply a way to lose loads of money and end up with people hating you.

For the most part it seems to be chancers and wide boys who are self deluded who get involved in owning football clubs.

DB9

I happen to think that in general successful business people who have any kind of self awareness nowadays have no desire at all to be involved in owning a football club, it is simply a way to lose loads of money and end up with people hating you.

For the most part it seems to be chancers and wide boys who are self deluded who get involved in owning football clubs.
I think those chancers and wide boys you mention honestly think the money to be made is in the land/stadium which is not normally the case because a lot of Councils have covenants where the land can only be used for Sporting Use and when they find this out they can't give a toss what happens to a club.

malcolms

I think those chancers and wide boys you mention honestly think the money to be made is in the land/stadium which is not normally the case because a lot of Councils have covenants where the land can only be used for Sporting Use and when they find this out they can't give a toss what happens to a club.
With respect, anyone with a brain cell would have found this out before they got involved. Stretching the comparison a little, Bournemouth are comparable in many ways to City and would have 'gone under' if the Russisan guy hadn't stepped in. Their capacity is just over 11,000 and they are in the Premiership...If you narrow your eyes a little, you can just make out a City team playing in a higher league....

DB9

With respect, anyone with a brain cell would have found this out before they got involved. Stretching the comparison a little, Bournemouth are comparable in many ways to City and would have 'gone under' if the Russisan guy hadn't stepped in. Their capacity is just over 11,000 and they are in the Premiership...If you narrow your eyes a little, you can just make out a City team playing in a higher league....
TBF Malcs I wasn't talking about ECFC per say, Our lack of assets is well known. I was trying to say that any particular "Chancers" might be more interested in the land/stadium rather than the club. I have no problem with anyone buying a club if they have the funds, We live in a free country, It's the buy the club for a £1 I have a problem with.

malcolms

TBF Malcs I wasn't talking about ECFC per say, Our lack of assets is well known. I was trying to say that any particular "Chancers" might be more interested in the land/stadium rather than the club. I have no problem with anyone buying a club if they have the funds, We live in a free country, It's the buy the club for a £1 I have a problem with.
I realise that. The point I was making is that the ownership and planning issues associated with sports grounds are well known. It is unlikely that anyone involved in buying a club like City would not know about it.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever, not going to happen unless some mad altruist wants to give us millions with nothing in return (ROFL).

p.s. My uncle in Nigeria has £50 million he needs to hide, give me your bank details and password and I will send you the money.

geoffwp

Nothing will ever change unless we find a new type owner like Rowe. We have had some incompetent people involved in the club over the years and it needs changing.
Banging on your tiresome drum again Daniel. Can we please have a list of those incompetents?..... No? ...... I didn't think we would, as you just invent these things.