• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City and Chiefs same owner.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a bit like Brexit then.
What is? This hypothetical example you've said that i think will never happen?

IBA

Having to recognise a democratic vote even when you disagree and the outcome is clearly detrimental to your long-term interests.

Dannyred

If ECFC were to become privately owned then I would cease to be a supporter - the emotional attachment would not be there as it would no longer be our Club.
I don’t care who owns it as long as they can move the club forward.

Red Devon

I'd never support an "AFC Exeter City" while ECFC is around, ECFC is my club and while they're still here that's who i'd support.
My feelings too I have many fond memories supporting ECFC through the 80s & 90s long before the trust gained control...first and foremost I’m an Exeter City football club supporter and always will be.

DB9

Having to recognise a democratic vote even when you disagree and the outcome is clearly detrimental to your long-term interests.
If that were the case you'd still support ECFC and not some "AFC Exeter City" because although you don't agree with the result to change ownership (if voted for democratly by the Trust and fans) you'd respect the result.

IBA

Depends what you mean by moving the club forward?

Legohead

Banned
Except with regards ECFC, if there ever was a members vote to be taken over that proves successful I then have the choice to withdraw my support because I don't agree with it despite the majority voting to be taken over. Brexit is different in that those who voted remain have no choice but to accept the decision. There is nothing they can do to exercise their disagreement and displeasure.

DB9

Except with regards ECFC, if there ever was a members vote to be taken over that proves successful I then have the choice to withdraw my support because I don't agree with it despite the majority voting to be taken over. Brexit is different in that those who voted remain have no choice but to accept the decision. There is nothing they can do to exercise their disagreement and displeasure.
Then that is your right to "Flounce" (In the nicest possible way of course (y)) :ROFLMAO:

Legohead

Banned
It's an interesting debate though. Clearly a lot of fans support ECFC the club and will do so regardless. Some fans support the club but the ownership model is very important to them, perhaps even over the club as an individual entity. I've always maintained that I want to feel part of the club and that I am respected, appreciated and acknowledged as a supporter rather than just treated as some faceless person there to give the club money relentlessly week in week out without any gratitude or recognition.

Supporting a club week in week out and feeling that the owners are not only laughing at you but also taking you for granted whilst they play puppet master with your club and emotions whilst you have absolutely zero say on the matter is not what a fan should be subjected to. Especially at lower levels when their financial outlay in terms of what they spend on the club is massively important to clubs and their income.

Grecian Max

If ECFC were to become privately owned then I would cease to be a supporter - the emotional attachment would not be there as it would no longer be our Club.
Clearly a post-2003 supporter.....