• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham vs Exeter - Carabao Cup 1st round. Match day thread

tonykellowfan

Any views on how Pond played?

DawlishBouy

Will there be extended highlights anywhere? I don't think those highlights do us justice!
Hopefully the SM guys are busily producing an "On the road" video.

Red red

Well to answer the first question Pond played well and assured especially at one point where May was in he got back well stood up against him and won the ball no rash challenge.
Well did say after Saturday we could play better this was the answer.
An excellent performance no player had a bad game our passing was excellent.
I will keep this high for when the defeats come. But really enjoying watching City at the moment.
On a slight worry drop Nombe until September WOW at the moment
Let’s GO

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The full match video is available on iFollow (not sure if it's just for those of us overseas); I watched some of the second half and he looked very comfortable on the ball, although I'd guess he will have bigger tests of his defensive ability.

Thames Valley Red

Very comfortable, slotted in and looked very composed. He has more pace than I realised and did two delicious turns with the ball during the game. I hope he is reading this, keep your head down and you will have the move you want very soon fella. He is very good at jockeying players away from goal without diving in. He is also happy to step forward to setup an attack. It was a good move to bring him and Sonny into the game. As Matt alluded to it did not change our cohesion too much. A very good start, want to see more of him now, maybe allow Sweeney to recover from the elbow/shoulder knock. Let this lad flourish into the team. He is an absolute unit as well, bigger than Stubbs.

tonykellowfan

So perhaps he was right to refuse to go on loan?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wished I could have been there instead of having to make ice cream yesterday lol. Seemingly we play better without Jevani and Matt will have taken huge joy from us playing so creatively without him on the pitch. Massive big up to Scott Brown who is a huge credit to our club. Harry Kite looks like dynamite currently but what can you say about Sam Nombe except we will have to enjoy him whilst we can because if he stays fit he will score 20 goals + this season and secure the club a hefty transfer fee. Both his goals were masterclasses in heading, movement and finishing and he looks like the type of target man that would be comfortable at Championship level

Average Joe

Sam Nombe except we will have to enjoy him whilst we can because if he stays fit he will score 20 goals + this season and secure the club a hefty transfer fee. Both his goals were masterclasses in heading, movement and finishing and he looks like the type of target man that would be comfortable at Championship level
Wasn't his transfer to us a undisclosed fee? Would love to know what we paid. If he does it in league one he'll make a big profit for the club.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam undoubtedly has the ability, but can he stay fit?

tonykellowfan

I heard the fee we paid was £100k.