• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very interested in this "turn out of defence" mentioned on here and on the radio. Can anyone describe it for me?

Last edited:

denzel

He was superb today. Man of the Match for me. What a season he is having.

jimmy

Very interested in this "turn out of defence" mentioned on here and on the radio. Can anyone describe it for me?
Was clearly buzzing with confidence, so just turned a man who was chasing a ball down the channel.

In other circumstances, MT would not allow such boisterious behaviour.

Man of the match..for sure!

Grecian Max

He was excellent today - got to say Stubbs and Sweeney were also great. Will be interesting to see how Hartridge fits back in now, suddenly we have loads of great CBs!

I was initially not sure with the first half hour v Sutton but since then he has massively improved. Big talent.

Red Devon

Well, he won that battle very comprehensively and also looked much more composed on the ball today.
Proper centre- half banging home from a corner too.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was excellent today - got to say Stubbs and Sweeney were also great. Will be interesting to see how Hartridge fits back in now, suddenly we have loads of great CBs!

I was initially not sure with the first half hour v Sutton but since then he has massively improved. Big talent.
Hartridge will have to play centre forward !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

For the first ten minutes against Sutton Diabate and Stubbs looked like they'd never met each other, let alone played together. After we conceded Matt Taylor called them over for a pep talk; I'd love to know what he said as we've not conceded a goal since in the league when they've both been on the pitch.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a big couple of weeks coming up for Chieck; he has the chance to prove to the manager that he's ready and can be trusted in the first team and there's no need to sign another defender in January.
I think it's fair to say he's now proved himself to the manager!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Celebrating his goal at Walsall with the fans :)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Celebrating his goal at Walsall with the fans :)

Lovely little touch from Sweens on the steward who was somewhat perplexed :):)