• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheerio Nicky Law

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
In terms of what he offered the team he was streets ahead of Noble.

Law could score goals and make things happen, Noble scored 2 in about 135 games for us !!

Cannot see the comparison at all.
Yeah Noble did very little besides being a key component of the side that achieved our joint highest ever league position in 2011. Not to forget being the best player on the pitch when we drew at home with Liverpool in the FA Cup...

Goals don't determine what you 'offer' to a team.

dontpassback

Quality player and quality person as well,as others have said Nicky law has been one of our best signings in recent seasons,and while I can understand him wanting to play abroad at his time of career I like may city fans will be sorry to see him go,I wish you and your family well Nicky and thanks for some lovely football !

ecfc2000

Yeah Noble did very little besides being a key component of the side that achieved our joint highest ever league position in 2011. Not to forget being the best player on the pitch when we drew at home with Liverpool in the FA Cup...
Also, the rule of thumb was, if Noble played, we rarely lost.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Behave.

The high finish was down to the likes of Cureton, not Noble.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to agree re: Noble. He was excellent for us, but Law was so much more dynamic. Possibly partly to do with tactics though, ponderous build up maybe didn't allow him to break free but I don't think he ever had the legs for it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

I didn't compare Noble to Law (initially) did I ! I was replying to another post.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Law made things happen on his own, he didn't rely on others.

Noble was a decent player however you don't achieve things because of players like Noble. We were relatively successful because we had the likes of Cureton and Harley. Take Noble out and we would have been fine.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was it his league debut v Carlisle, we won 3 - 1, Forte scored the goal I think you are referring to.
You may well be right on that PC. if so, much respect for your memory.👍

GrecianExile

Sorry to see Nicky go, he’s been a good player for the club

Nickp

Like so many others, truly gutted to see Nicky go but all the very best to him. A class player who was too good for our division. Fondly remember his goals, especially the brace against Plymouth.