• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheerio Nicky Law

mt405

He’s been brilliant and I’m sad to see him go. My main memories will be his first game (against Carlisle) and, of course, his brace in the 4-0 demolition of Argyle!

Legohead

Banned
Taylor has players incoming without doubt. Not even he can be so dumb....:confused:

As for Law. A class act and gutted to see him leave. I want to especially thank him for his goal at Grimsby last season where i spent about 65 minutes stood in the freezing cold before deciding to nip to the bogs quick. He scored the only goal of the game whilst i was having a jimmy riddle. Other than that, a great player for our level for sure and will be much sadly missed. Thanks to him for all his efforts.

Now awaiting key news of incomings..........

DawlishBouy

His career record.

Attachments

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always enjoyed watching him play at SJP. Very much reminded me of a slightly younger David Noble, who was class with the ball at his feet and creative going forward. Certainly one on our better players over the past 3 to 4 years. He'll be missed.
In terms of what he offered the team he was streets ahead of Noble.

Law could score goals and make things happen, Noble scored 2 in about 135 games for us !!

Cannot see the comparison at all.

haka

Good luck to him, and thanks for the memories. The Argyle win alone would repay his wages.

I only hope he's done his homework and has sorted out top notch health insurance. Personally I wouldn't work in the USA right now for any money.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember the first time I saw him play. He was well outside of the box with two players on him and a third close by. I've never been sure just how he did it but I remember he was heading in one direction seemingly unable to get anywhere and I was expecting him to pass the ball back. Then out of the blue he was heading in the opposite direction in space, cutting in towards the box and threading a fantastic pass through for city to score. Cant remember the game, cant remember the scorer or the score. Still remember Nicky Law though. Time on the ball, balance, and an unerring ability to pick the right option. Good luck Nicky Law. I only hope your next manager knows where to play you to get the best. Bleddy brilliant.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
A fantastic player - we'll miss him hugely.

When it comes to inspired signings I'd put him up there with Sir Robert of Edwards

Good luck Nicky - come back and see us sometime

ecfc2000

In terms of what he offered the team he was streets ahead of Noble.

Law could score goals and make things happen, Noble scored 2 in about 135 games for us !!

Cannot see the comparison at all.
I'm referring to technical ability on the ball, composer and class. Noble for me was a significantly better player than Law but certainly didnt have the impact or success Law did while at city.

CWH-NYC_

Eeekk - a bad day just got worse, a dire shortage of talent to unlock defenses has been proven week after week recently. This ain’t going to help.
Only upside for me is the chance to see him play over here if I can get at all motivated given the general poor quality.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember the first time I saw him play. He was well outside of the box with two players on him and a third close by. I've never been sure just how he did it but I remember he was heading in one direction seemingly unable to get anywhere and I was expecting him to pass the ball back. Then out of the blue he was heading in the opposite direction in space, cutting in towards the box and threading a fantastic pass through for city to score. Cant remember the game, cant remember the scorer or the score. Still remember Nicky Law though. Time on the ball, balance, and an unerring ability to pick the right option. Good luck Nicky Law. I only hope your next manager knows where to play you to get the best. Bleddy brilliant.
Was it his league debut v Carlisle, we won 3 - 1, Forte scored the goal I think you are referring to.