• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread - 1.00pm Kick off

Another crock signing that hasn’t worked out.
Taylor must be fit for Tuesday hopefully

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lol at Maxsted getting dropped for a child

He'll be off at the end of the season which is no bad thing
A lot of players will be off at the edge the season.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lot of players will be off at the edge the season.
So this is not going to be a "transitional season" in the sense of building a squad ? More a rip everything up and start again so that 2021/2 is yet another transitional season ?

Reactions: Egg

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So this is not going to be a "transitional season" in the sense of building a squad ? More a rip everything up and start again so that 2021/2 is yet another transitional season ?
As much as I don't want it to be so, I expect it will be yes.

dontpassback

MT said the other day that he's a "top keeper apart from his kicking".... We do have coaches, don't we?
I hope they aren’t the same coaches that used to teach Paul Jones how to kick,many times I thought he was playing at Sandy park

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Atangana was billed as the league 2 Viera.:D

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Matt T's post-match interview was fine. He admitted that he hasn't got the back four right yet - let's hope Stubbs can help with that- and overall he didn't seem too disheartened. There was no footie psychobabble, either.
I still think he could have kept Martin, Moxey and Woodman another year if they had wanted that - they are three experienced pros who are perfectly good enough for a decent Div 2 side and would probably be good types to have in the dressing room. Holding on for a year would have given Dyer and Dean more time to develop, too, so we might not have needed to sign Caprice and McA .
We all have our ideas and opinions, of course, but we don't know how much Matt's hands were tied by budgetary constraints last summer or in January.
Remembering that Matt T apparently turned down the Lincoln job, I prefer to
accept that he has made mistakes and hope that he can learn from them. We could certainly have done much worse than have Matt, but imo he does need a wise oldish assistant to help him.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woodman and Moxey needed to go. Page and Sparkes are fine at left back and Moxey was often a total liability at centre back. Tell me how many games Woodman played last season ? Hardly any.

Also Taylor didn't turn down the Lincoln job, he turned down the chance to talk to them, clearly there is a difference.

tonykellowfan

Moxey was very poor in his final year for us. I suggest you watch some of the Torquay highlights from this season and you will see a player out of his depth in the league below.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite. This is my concern.