• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm the recycler for Cans4City and based in Marsh Barton, if Andy H was agreeable I would happily collect from any businesses on the estate if they started collecting them. Happy to diacuss 07808896395
Matty, Not a good idea to put your mobile number on a public forum, Best to give it via PM 👍

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If they are still open there is a small company out near Greendale who seem to drink fizzy drinks by the slab may go give them one of my big garden bags the 1 ton sort and leave it with them to fill up.

Andy_H

I'm the recycler for Cans4City and based in Marsh Barton, if Andy H was agreeable I would happily collect from any businesses on the estate if they started collecting them. Happy to diacuss 07808896395
I,m more than happy to expand the scheme by any means possible, it's just too much for me to take on at present. I have neither time nor the energy to do the footslogging, that possibly needs someone else or some other group, I'd love to see C4C bring in a couple of £k per year at least, maybe more,

MattyH

I,m more than happy to expand the scheme by any means possible, it's just too much for me to take on at present. I have neither time nor the energy to do the footslogging, that possibly needs someone else or some other group, I'd love to see C4C bring in a couple of £k per year at least, maybe more,

MattyH

Im happy to help out any way i can Andy H

Andy Holloway

Our latest batch of cans, 13 dumpy bags full, weighing in at a wonderful 920kg, has been collected by ECC and Cans4City is better off to the tune of £680.
Together with an earlier amount of £112, we now have £792 to spend on small projects ECFC related and which benefit the club.
Top of the list is a new pressure washer, to enable the cleaning of the wheelie bins, the stands and ground areas in general to get under way in time for the new season, whenever that may be!
Any other sensible ideas for small items or projects to benefit ECFC would be welcome, we can't promise that they'll be taken on but they will be evaluated in consultation with the Club.

Finally many, many thanks to all those people who contribute cans to the scheme, whether it be several bin liners or maybe just a few in a carrier bag, it all helps to achieve that wonderful amount we've just sent off for re-cycling. Please, please keep it up and maybe get your family, friends and neighboroughs to collect as well. Our next target is £1K by September, perfectly manageable.

There are a few photos on the ECFC facebook page from Wednesday. Hants, could you possibly add some of them to this post please?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Booger and I have two carrier bags of cans, I was going to drop up in the next couple of weeks. Oh well always next time

Andy_H

Booger and I have two carrier bags of cans, I was going to drop up in the next couple of weeks. Oh well always next time
Anytime is the right time, they'll be the start of the next 980kg.

Andy Holloway

Without letting the grass grow beneath our feet, yesterday we received the money - £781 - from ECC, it barely touched the ECFC books before a large chunk of it was spent. Today we took delivery of a brand, spanking new Karcher Pressure Washer and it's already been put to good use in starting the close season cleaning of the 30 odd wheelie bins from around the ground. Watch out Grandstand Steps, you're next!!!

Thanks to every one who has, and still does, contribute to Cans4City, especially in these strange times ECFC need every penny they can get, even the relatively & seemingly, small amounts generated by Cans4City.

The Media team took a couple of photos this morning which should be used later in the week.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without letting the grass grow beneath our feet, yesterday we received the money - £781 - from ECC, it barely touched the ECFC books before a large chunk of it was spent. Today we took delivery of a brand, spanking new Karcher Pressure Washer and it's already been put to good use in starting the close season cleaning of the 30 odd wheelie bins from around the ground. Watch out Grandstand Steps, you're next!!!

Thanks to every one who has, and still does, contribute to Cans4City, especially in these strange times ECFC need every penny they can get, even the relatively & seemingly, small amounts generated by Cans4City.

The Media team took a couple of photos this morning which should be used later in the week.
Doesn't matter if it only stayed in the bank account for a short time, You've put the money to good use straight away and got some much needed equipment without the club having to fork out for it, These schemes are brilliant for things like this, Just takes a bit of pressure off the club and a small source of income you can from time to time dip into if available. I'm sure the club appreciates it and we'll done to all those involved 👍