• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Andy_H

If you mean the big Bradford aggregate bags what are delivered onto your lawn by lorry I have six or so you could have (other suppliers are available - but not from me)

Also have three carrier bags of cans to drop off, I'll try and get up there this week as wifey is moaning about them lying around
Yes please on both accounts.

Thank-you in advance.

Andy_H

I was in SJP today and 'we've' settled on two items of equipment to purchase, they were either ordered this afternoon or will be tomorrow.

Hopefully, they should be delivered shortly then, once they're in our 'grubby little mitts', we'll get the PR Team to write an article and take photos for all to see.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes please on both accounts.

Thank-you in advance.
Be dropping off 7 dumpies and 3 carriers of cans - Lockdown = at home drinkies (a lot of)

Reactions: GJW

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dropped off or should I say "Dumpied" off

Andy Holloway

Dropped off or should I say "Dumpied" off
Many thanks.

Andy Holloway

Well it's a day for good news definitely, hopefully it'll transmit to the Team and we'll return from Morecambe with all 3 points and an increase in our goals scored!!

But for now, thanks to our Friends at the Exeter City Council 'Materials Recovery Project' we have, since July 2020, recycled 2050 kg of crushed aluminium cans, netting Cans4City the amazing total of £1455.50!

A HUGE Thank-you to everyone who contributes, and especially 'Matt H' without who we wouldn't be in such an incredible position.

With 'Lock Down' almost on us again, but with at least Football to watch [with a beer or two or three..] on Ifollow please, if you can, save those empty 'tinnies' for Cans4City and lets see if we can at least equal these numbers again before the end of the 20/21 season.
It's the scheme that costs you nothing to partake in - well after you've bought your beer - and helps ECFC with 100% of money being used for projects that help ECFC.

"Aluminium can be recycled forever: It can be melted down and reformed without losing any quality, and the process can be repeated over and over again. Recycling aluminium saves around 95% of the energy needed to make the metal from raw materials. "

Andy Holloway

As a follow on from my other post, we have today authorised the purchase, using money from Cans4City, of an 'Inspection Camera' system for the Ground Staff to use, to check the condition of the pitch drainage channels at SJP. To hire in an outside company costs approx £150 a cal out, so after a few uses it'll have paid for itself. To add to this we are also purchasing an attachment for the Pressure Washer - also purchased by Cans4City - that, should there be any obstruction or blockage, can be used to clear said obstruction or blockage.
Once these items arrived Scott and his Merry Gang will be posting video of them in use on the/club's Social Media pages.

Andy Holloway

My apologies to anyone who has taken cans into SJP over he last few weeks, only to find the cages and the wheelie bin full. Due to lock-down i have been unable to get into SJP and clear these collecting areas, however with the end of lock-down in sight i hope to be able to get in this upcoming week to sort it all out. Hopefully there'll be plenty of reason to celebrate with a few extra tinnies tonight, if the FA Cup score stays the same!!!
Please keep collecting your empty cans for Cans4City, they all add up to what have been some impressive amounts raised so far this year.

GJW

I have another bin bag full to drop off next time I’m in Exeter, after lockdown

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we approach Festive week I thought I might bring this one back to the fore with all the restrictions of people drinking in public and the likelihood of more consumption at home please remember to save and bring your aluminium cans to the park for the benefit of the club

Happy drinking