• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Andy_H

To whoever dropped off the 8 [eight] bags of crushed cans, a huge thank-you. Their weight was 'approx' 60/65kg, which is about £48 in value to Cans4City. You can either go public on your help or pm me, the choice is yours.

We are well on our way to another collection amount, hopefully before the end of the season, whenever that is; May/June/July/August/Sept......... 20021/2022.......

Reactions: GJW

GJW

I dropped a bin bag full just over a week ago and will probably have another sometime in January. It’s such an easy thing to do for the Club. Well done to whoever dropped all those cans.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the South Hams we have clear bags people put out with their recycling (plastics and metals) and when out walking the dogs the night before 'bin' day I could probably scrape up a couple of carriers a time judging by the number of Stalla cans I see, if I was so inclined, particularly this time of year, that said already have two bags to drop off next time I'm up.

Andy_H

In the South Hams we have clear bags people put out with their recycling (plastics and metals) and when out walking the dogs the night before 'bin' day I could probably scrape up a couple of carriers a time judging by the number of Stalla cans I see, if I was so inclined, particularly this time of year, that said already have two bags to drop off next time I'm up.
A very nice idea but...... but i couldn't possibly condone it!!

However ... If, by some sheer chance they did 'jump up into your carrier bag' of course it would be silly to force them back into South Hams DC coffers when they obviously 'want' to come up to Exeter!!

Andy_H

Cans4City during ‘Lockdown’.

As SJP is ‘Out of Bounds’ to the majority of Grecians during this period of Lockdown, can we please ask if, where possible, people do not bring bags of cans into SJP until after the current restrictions are lifted. Please, if possible, retain them at home and, once we get the ‘All clear’, we’ll be open to receive your cans once again.

If you do not have any available storage then please, just put them out for your local council to collect for the time being but, once SJP is open again, then of course please bring them in for Cans4City to recycle and use the monies received towards small projects ECFC related.

So far, since July 2020 we have recycled 2.29 tonnes of crushed cans which has generated an amazing £1633.05!

We have set ourselves a target for the remainder of this season of reaching, and possibly even exceeding, a total of £2021.

So whether you’re drowning your sorrows after Saturday’s FA Cup exit or just looking forward to celebrating ECFC climbing back into the Autos then please hang onto your empty aluminium cans. Then they can be dropped off into either the green wheelie bin, or if in bags, then into one of the metal cages, all of which are situated in Red Square.

Thanking everyone who donates and supports Cans4City, it is very much appreciated.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have half a shed full of cans - really hoping I can get down this season before I can’t move the mower out 😂

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
I’m a bit worried that Big Col was wearing shorts in that biting wind 🥶

Spoonz Red E

^^^^
I’m a bit worried that Big Col was wearing shorts in that biting wind 🥶
He wears shorts every day.
It's like budgies - long trousers make his shins fall asleep.

Andy_H

Just a brief update to add some meat onto the bones of the above post from the club.

So far since July 2020 we have recycled 2520kg which has generated a grand total of £1802.55p. So we're well on our way towards our self imposed target for this season of £2020, but that's really only a base target and, if we could exceed that, then it would be fantastic and allow us to fund more small projects and causes related to ECFC.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, we might be able to visit SJP again to drop off cans and then maybe, just maybe we might leave that £2020 target well behind as we set out sights on £3000!

In the meantime a huge thank-you to The Manager of The CooP in Old Tiverton Rd for offering his store as a collecting point.