• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Andy Holloway

And a huge thank-you to 'King Cunute' and his scally little pal Grecian Jay for their helpful contributions.

By the way there are NO costs involved in this project, apart from my time, and i'll only charge when both of you two start making some POSITIVE comments!

Have a nice day and please come and talk to me tonight by the Stadium Way trunstiles, before you drop your cans in the collecting cage!

Andy

PS

Please don't let any facts reference Taggy etc get in the way of your complete prejudices, it would spoil your posts.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
And a huge thank-you to 'King Cunute' and his scally little pal Grecian Jay for their helpful contributions.

By the way there are NO costs involved in this project, apart from my time, and i'll only charge when both of you two start making some POSITIVE comments!

Have a nice day and please come and talk to me tonight by the Stadium Way trunstiles, before you drop your cans in the collecting cage!

Andy

PS

Please don't let any facts reference Taggy etc get in the way of your complete prejudices, it would spoil your posts.
Very defensive there Andy. I'm sure what you are doing is lovely, but what I am saying is that it won't make the blind bit of difference to the club.

I don't know how 'in' you are with the club. I'm sure that you and I both know Tagg is on a very good screw, don't make him out ot be some kind of saviour working for nothing.

Why have eyes and ears if you don't use them hey?!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Very defensive there Andy. I'm sure what you are doing is lovely, but what I am saying is that it won't make the blind bit of difference to the club.

I don't know how 'in' you are with the club. I'm sure that you and I both know Tagg is on a very good screw, don't make him out ot be some kind of saviour working for nothing.

Why have eyes and ears if you don't use them hey?!

Until its tried then no-one knows the outcome of this venture

Have a pop at whoever you think is ruining the club , But dont have a pop at a fan trying to do a little bit to help out when needed

Last edited:

Rog H K

Good Luck chaps. Having done it in the past I appreciate the work involved.

A plea on behalf of Andy and his team.
Please if any one brings cans up can they make sure they have been emptied(crushed would help with transportation). My car smelt of cheap larger once when I took down some bags and a few tins hadn't been drunk, subsequently emptying its sticky smelly contents in the boot.. (puke)

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I will also add that if you are going to set something like this up then be prepared for feedback, both positive and negative. Don't resort to pathetic 'abuse' when someone doesn't like your little idea.

The answer isn't always "well you do better then". It is possible to have an opinion on something you can't get involved in.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
By the way there are NO costs involved in this project, apart from my time
That's good to read Andy. You are to be applauded for your efforts.

A few pages back Grecian Jay said "On a side note, how about the club sell cans of drink rather than plastic bottles".
I think it was Leads who replied to the effect that other clubs didn't sell cans, perhaps because they may be used as missiles.

It strikes me that it hurts regardless of whether you are hit with a full plastic bottle or can. That being said I understand that all drinks bottles are supposed to be sold in, or allowed into the ground, with the caps removed. Why not sell cans with the tabs pulled open by the server at time of sale?. This will surely ensure an increase in aluminium collected.

Can the club legally do this? and if so I suggest that this is implemented with immediate effect.

Grecian_Jay

Until its tried then no-one knows the outcome of this venture

Have a pop at whoever you think is ruining the club , But dont have a pop at a fan trying to do a little bit to help out when needed
But we do don't we. The outcome will be that it lasts for a little while and makes about £36.40 and then gets scrapped.

The dig isn't at Andy (unlike him I don't need to resort to sly digs and abuse), it's at the people running the club. Why should people go to extra effort to raise money when they swallow it all.

Rog H K

The Club do have cans in the boxes and I used to grab those.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
But we do don't we. The outcome will be that it lasts for a little while and makes about £36.40 and then gets scrapped.

The dig isn't at Andy (unlike him I don't need to resort to sly digs and abuse), it's at the people running the club. Why should people go to extra effort to raise money when they swallow it all.
Why should people go to extra effort , Because in a way they feel that it is helping the club as a whole

Andy Holloway

As i said in the initial post the money made from this scheme will go into special projects and NOT the general [i'll leave a gap here for G/Jay to edit in 'for Taggy's bolly fund'!] club funds. These projects will be the type of things that EXTRA funds would have been asked for by way of appeals to fans, or items to help the accadamy/youth team etc.

As the Tescos advert says; 'Every little helps'.

Andy