• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can the Trust take a leaf out of Motherwell's book?

Gordon Dale

The theory is great, however my worry is that the person who would be ultimately responsible CEO Jeremy Tipper doesn't understand how to deliver it. You may say that's harsh you don't know the man. That's correct however if he had some kind of vision he would have said something, anything surely after the inordinate inertia we have had since his appointment
Trust members are currently posing questions to the Trust Board as to the appointment of Directors and Key Club Board Members, their competencies , their roles and responsibilities , their accountability and their method of appraisal. Hopefully the outcome should put your, and others, mind at rest. By way of example, there is little doubt that if ECFC is ever to secure promotion to The Championship ...a Director of Football with a successful high level professional football pedigree will prove to be essential. Other Trust members will doubtless have their views. I encourage them to attend or ZOOM Trust Board meetings and endeavour to influence the way forward to the benefit of Our Club with which we ALL have a great affinity . By so doing this will also aid Our Trust to be transparent , open and democratic.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trust members are currently posing questions to the Trust Board as to the appointment of Directors and Key Club Board Members, their competencies , their roles and responsibilities , their accountability and their method of appraisal. Hopefully the outcome should put your, and others, mind at rest. By way of example, there is little doubt that if ECFC is ever to secure promotion to The Championship ...a Director of Football with a successful high level professional football pedigree will prove to be essential. Other Trust members will doubtless have their views. I encourage them to attend or ZOOM Trust Board meetings and endeavour to influence the way forward to the benefit of Our Club with which we ALL have a great affinity . By so doing this will also aid Our Trust to be transparent , open and democratic.
Whilst I can see where you are coming from D ultimately the barometer of appraisal for our CEO rests on what vision he offers our club moving forward and then how it is delivered - currently zilch. Our current model is democratic yes, transparent yes but dynamic no. I want to maintain Trust ownership but I also want to see some creativity and some dynamic forward thinking. We are permanatly stuck in one gear over analysing our navels whilst as Ant would say deciding which biscuits we want instead of exploring new ideas such as egg was alluding to

Gordon Dale

If the club is to progress additional sources of funding together with a ' dynamic' CEO will doubtless be required . In that regard T, you along with Egg make some 'dynamic' points with which I would agree. Irrespective, I still remain firmly of the view that the club needs fully accountable Directors including a Director of Football with a professional football pedigree. Our current model has achieved the key aspects of survival, sound infrastructural investment, financial security, Football League status , promotion to league one together with the admiration of many. These are phenomenal achievements in light of the club's dire financial position in 2003. The next phase however will require a change of tack and extremely careful accountable management.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just occurs to me that amongst our supporter is someone with considerable expertise in film-making, and he's very close to someone with all sorts of club / trust connections. Perhaps the two of them could get together and give this idea some thought!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just occurs to me that amongst our supporter is someone with considerable expertise in film-making, and he's very close to someone with all sorts of club / trust connections. Perhaps the two of them could get together and give this idea some thought!
Not yet another of your little teasers Egg ! Spit it out man ! :p

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not yet another of your little teasers Egg ! Spit it out man ! :p
David Earl and Jon Beer!