• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can the Trust take a leaf out of Motherwell's book?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is fantastic IMO:

cannockred

Not sure about the first fan owned club in britain quote??

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is fantastic IMO:
Surely a misrepresentation to claim to be the first fan owned Club in British football ? :unsure:

elginCity

They mean the first 'top flight' club in Britain to be fan owned.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is fantastic IMO:
No mention of what power/control the investor would receive in return.

Happy for us to advertise and find investors if the trust stay in control :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They mean the first 'top flight' club in Britain to be fan owned.
Might have meant it, but not what it says. And is the SPL really a top flight league? We're touting their clubs for players FFS. Apart from Celtic (and that's questionable) would any of the other clubs cut it in the premiershite, and how many would last in the championship?

Grecian Max

This is fantastic IMO:
Decent. this

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might have meant it, but not what it says. And is the SPL really a top flight league? We're touting their clubs for players FFS. Apart from Celtic (and that's questionable) would any of the other clubs cut it in the premiershite, and how many would last in the championship?
Top flight = highest league in the pyramid

So yeh, top flight of Scottish football.

Red Bill

I find this a bit strange. It's a nice promo video for the club but actually gives no information at all about what they're asking from investors or what investors can expect in return.
It doesn't say or imply that they're referring to top flight clubs, when they make the claim "first fan owned club in Britain" and I can draw no inference to that effect from either the film nor the text. It just makes it look badly researched at best and mendacious at worst.
From the information available, this may be nothing more than our Trust corporate memberships. It may of course be much more, but there's nothing that explains it in any way or what level of investment individual investors would be expected to commit to.
I actually think it a rather bad job, as it fails to explain its proposal, how it works or what incentive there is why anyone would want to get involved.

Grecian Max

I find this a bit strange. It's a nice promo video for the club but actually gives no information at all about what they're asking from investors or what investors can expect in return.
It doesn't say or imply that they're referring to top flight clubs, when they make the claim "first fan owned club in Britain" and I can draw no inference to that effect from either the film nor the text. It just makes it look badly researched at best and mendacious at worst.
From the information available, this may be nothing more than our Trust corporate memberships. It may of course be much more, but there's nothing that explains it in any way or what level of investment individual investors would be expected to commit to.
I actually think it a rather bad job, as it fails to explain its proposal, how it works or what incentive there is why anyone would want to get involved.
I suspect it’s the first of many, rather than just one video

More engaging in the few minutes than anything the Trust has put in their Word docs