• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I totally get you're upset at the result, but it's my error which I've admitted to. I didn't clear enough space on the SD card, then was unable to sort it out in time so had to end the interview at the most suitable edit point otherwise it would have gone off mid sentence. That's why the interview with Sweens is done on my phone with terrible audio. I've had a bad day, I screwed up, I know it doesn't look good and I'm beating myself up over it and I'll certainly learn from it.

We've had issues before, recently in fact, and I just didn't have the luxury of being able to sort it out today. We're all human.

I didn't have to come on here at all and say anything, but I wanted to own up to my error as it would be unfair to GC to give the impression he gave as a short interview or that we had edited what he said in any way. I posted the same on my personal Twitter too, for clarity.
Thanks for the expiation. Too many conspiracy theorists on here at the moment.

cannockred

I totally get you're upset at the result, but it's my error which I've admitted to. I didn't clear enough space on the SD card, then was unable to sort it out in time so had to end the interview at the most suitable edit point otherwise it would have gone off mid sentence. That's why the interview with Sweens is done on my phone with terrible audio. I've had a bad day, I screwed up, I know it doesn't look good and I'm beating myself up over it and I'll certainly learn from it.

We've had issues before, recently in fact, and I just didn't have the luxury of being able to sort it out today. We're all human.

I didn't have to come on here at all and say anything, but I wanted to own up to my error as it would be unfair to GC to give the impression he gave as a short interview or that we had edited what he said in any way. I posted the same on my personal Twitter too, for clarity.
Craig, dont beat yourself up please. Thanks for coming onto exeweb to explain, although it is not necessary.

You guys in the SM team do an amazing job.

Unfortunately, some ignorant morons on exeweb will blame everyone and anyone at the moment.

Keep doing the amazing job you are doing!

Mid Devon Grecian

Craig, dont beat yourself up please. Thanks for coming onto exeweb to explain, although it is not necessary.

You guys in the SM team do an amazing job.

Unfortunately, some ignorant morons on exeweb will blame everyone and anyone at the moment.

Keep doing the amazing job you are doing!
Thanks for the ‘*****’ tag there Cannock!

At what point do you direct this ‘Tagg’ (oops) to the Board?

cannockred

Quote <Thanks for the ‘*****’ tag there Cannock!

At what point do you direct this ‘Tagg’ (oops) to the Board? > endquote

I have said many times, I am dissatisfied with the situation at the moment, however, I haven't gone on an anonymous fan site to spout bile.

Also, as I have said many times, you can be a catalyst for change by standing for the trust board and effecting that change from within.

Last edited:

Mid Devon Grecian

As I have said many times, I am dissatisfied with the situation at the moment, however, I haven't gone on an anonymous fan site to spout bile.

Also, as I have said many times, you can he a catalyst for change by standing for the trust board and effecting that change from within.
As others have said, you can be very interested and passionate on a fans forum without having the personal circumstances that enable you to stand for Trust Board election.

If I were a fan of a privately owned club should I shut up or try to buy it, even if I’ve only got a tenner in the bank?

Over to you.

cannockred

As others have said, you can be very interested and passionate on a fans forum without having the personal circumstances that enable you to stand for Trust Board election.

If I were a fan of a privately owned club should I shut up or try to buy it, even if I’ve only got a tenner in the bank?

Over to you.
Three things- 1) we are not a privately owned.

2) you can be passionate about your football club, but when it descends into personal insults, that's too much on an anonymous site and 3) You can still affect change by ensuring that if you are not able to stand, you vote for those people who are the right people for the club.

Incidentally, the insult was not aimed at you. Your posts tend to be well thought out.

Albumen

I thought you were backing him?
Aye. But not without new players.

I’m fairly calm about it all. It’s frustrating. But loads of time to turn things around - and I think he’s had a reasonably decent record of signing players. Trevitt, Sinisalo, Mitchell, Caroll, Wildshut (from the bench) Scott (there is a player there) and Aimson have both played much at this level and above with success.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No reflection on you Craig, these things happen, thank you for your efforts they are appreciated. Sadly comments both good and bad tend to be affected by the recent prolonged and contentious run of bad results. Have yourself a great Christmas and who knows Santa might bring you an SD card or two as you’ve been a good boy this year 😁 Merry Christmas.

Mid Devon Grecian

Three things- 1) we are not a privately owned.

2) you can be passionate about your football club, but when it descends into personal insults, that's too much on an anonymous site and 3) You can still affect change by ensuring that if you are not able to stand, you vote for those people who are the right people for the club.

Incidentally, the insult was not aimed at you. Your posts tend to be well thought out.
1) the point being I have no leverage whatsoever as an individual. I can’t influence anything at ECFC as it’s not for sale. Pretty much any other club could be bought of you had the £££

2) I apologised unreservedly to Craig, the moment got to me.

3) Yes, although I’ve not seen anybody standing to date that meets my criteria for a progressive change candidate.

FWIW I also respect your posts, they are also thoughtful and not reactionary. I’m sorry that I lost my rag tonight.

Mid Devon Grecian

Aye. But not without new players.

I’m fairly calm about it all. It’s frustrating. But loads of time to turn things around - and I think he’s had a reasonably decent record of signing players. Trevitt, Sinisalo, Mitchell, Caroll, Wildshut (from the bench) Scott (there is a player there) and Aimson have both played much at this level and above with success.

Merry Christmas everyone.
I admire your patience.