• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City FA Cup 2nd Round Match Day Thread

burtiew

Well, hello from snowy Finland ... the only other thread I started we won so let's hope the omens are with me. UTC

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
And hello from Sydney. Hoping for a massive effort from the team and into round 3 UTC

fred binneys head

Well done burtie, let’s hope you bring us luck today. Gonna be a tough one, hopefully Cambridge play a weakened team more than we do, and we win. COYR.

Banksy

Well done burtie, let’s hope you bring us luck today. Gonna be a tough one, hopefully Cambridge play a weakened team more than we do, and we win. COYR.
Hope we don’t play a weakened team , there’s possible money waiting in the third round in the event of a good draw.Or even a chance to see us on tv.Come on you Reds , let’s smash ‘em.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Setting off for this soon. Progression to the third round please!

Jason's preview

fred binneys head

Hope we don’t play a weakened team , there’s possible money waiting in the third round in the event of a good draw.Or even a chance to see us on tv.Come on you Reds , let’s smash ‘em.
We'll have to rest some players IMO, we can't keep playing our best starting 11 twice a week - we've got Northampton, Tranmere, Port Vale, Swindon and Forest Green in the next 3 weeks.

STURTZ

So good to be playing today. Rest saturdays are o.k. but being knocked out of the cup first round is boring and a bit embarassing, especially when Snot are still in it.

Red red

About resting players. The good thing now is we have a good squad and now feel comfortable if we do rest some of our so called best 11 . So come on City and do this which ever 11

OmanGrecian

And a hello from a cold Kosovo.

Feels like the 100th game we have played in the FA Cup this season. It could be a good litmus test of how we fair against League 1 teams in preparation for next season. I can see a narrow 1-0 win coming.

Safe travels to all those heading up there. Watch out for the bicycles.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this match. Must be the magic of the Cup. UTC!