• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

ECFC89

Aren't we just going to get loads of injuries again and then it's a nice little repeat next season?

Newtown Grecian

I think this was a big part as to why they held firm
"Held firm" or heads in sand ?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Error…

Grecian Max

Your failure to admit that you called it wrong is stifling a lot of debate
I mean that's just not true is it? Fair enough if you've missed multiple posts

Grecian Max

As someone who was desperate for GC to be put out his misery in December - I have to say I agree. The patience on this occasion has been justified. I doubt this has gone unnoticed by the industry and should put us in good standing for when we need to get a replacement.

Also been impressed by Caldwell's professionalism when at his lowest ebb - no snapping back at reporters or finding fault in the fans.

There are some holes in the approach still that I hope extended recruitment in the summer will solve - I think it could go either way next season, but up to this point it is a job well done.
One for Boyo

I have no aversion to being wrong. I get it, it's difficult to comprehend with lots of middle aged blokes shouting at each other on here trying to one up each other.

I have a hard time to think of anyone on here who can display any sort of flexibility in viewpoint, but I'm happy to engage and change my mind. No fragile ego here.

Certainly we have ended up in a better place then I ever expected. Is it great? No but it's a start. Surely you agree with that...

Last edited:

elginCity

"Held firm" or heads in sand ?
The statements acknowledged the situation, unfair to suggest it was being ignored.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC only 20 votes away now for the 'In' brigade being the majority.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC only 20 votes away now for the 'In' brigade being the majority.
Not sure if this is going to make any sense.

I'm not Caldwell out but I wouldn't describe myself as Caldwell in either.

I'm Caldwell indifferent.

andrew p long

Tend to agree with this.

I resolved never to go to Gnome Park again after the Plymouth thugs assaulted some of our fans on the walkway after the game. Back in November 2010 I think.
Me too.

spodman

Not sure if this is going to make any sense.

I'm not Caldwell out but I wouldn't describe myself as Caldwell in either.

I'm Caldwell indifferent.
I think if you asked the question "Should Gary Caldwell be sacked as Exeter City manager?", I doubt you would get more than 10-15% saying yes. If, however, you asked "Are you happy with Gary Caldwell as Exeter City manager?", I reckon you would see a pretty even split in responses.