• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comparing to the past isn't always relevant
You want to compare to the future? We aren't that unusual, lots more development planned elsewhere.

And people moving to a city isn't a guarantee, otherwise Burnley would never be in the Premier League.

Grecian2K

😂 😂 😂

The sensitivity of some posters knows no bounds
We're painfully aware of your "sensitivity" Maxwell. You make it clear every time you rear up at any self-perceive slight from the club (or any of it's other supporters).
Suggest you put down your "Apple" and pick up a proper book for your education.
I'd recommend this one as a starter for some sense of historical perspective.

Caldwell gets a 5/10 for me, this league is not spectacularly good. Below the top 8 teams it’s pretty drab. People can compare who we are all day long.
From what Caldwell came into and being any worse than where we are now would have taken a very very poor manager to have cocked that up and got us relegated this season.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
all you do is post on Exeweb and have little influence on the football club apart from spewing with rage at people on here
Holy shit I think my account must have been hacked! Please would you be so kind as to provide some examples of this spewed rage? I'll need to get my cyber security team on the case.

geoffwp

You wouldn’t need to know who the replacement would have been because as far as I know, all you do is post on Exeweb and have little influence on the football club apart from spewing with rage at people on here

The important bit would be the board knowing who the replacement would have been and I suspect they wouldn’t have had a clue where to start. I think sticking with the gaffer at that particular moment was probably the right call
There was I thinking that any fun in this thread had evaporated when this marvel came up to save the day. We just need accusations of heresy and treason for it to once more gain traction. Call for the spanish inquisition.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The important bit would be the board knowing who the replacement would have been and I suspect they wouldn’t have had a clue where to start. I think sticking with the gaffer at that particular moment was probably the right call
I'm going to try and engage in some sensible debate with you. If at any point you perceive what follows as 'spewed rage' please hit the nearest panic button. Here goes...

Why do you think the board wouldn't have known where to start? It's the same board who appointed Caldwell himself midway through last season? If you think they got that appointment right, why do you think they'd have been so incapable this season?

Last edited:

Grecian Max

We're painfully aware of your "sensitivity" Maxwell. You make it clear every time you rear up at any self-perceive slight from the club (or any of it's other supporters).
What are you on tonight 😂😂

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are you on tonight 😂😂
Glad it's not just me.

Grecian Max

And people moving to a city isn't a guarantee, otherwise Burnley would never be in the Premier League.
I’ve read and re read this and I have no idea what the core point is here?!

geoffwp

I know where you're coming from here G2K, well I think I do anyway as like many I read the bible often. The things is though I've come to understand Max's view, the idea that we should not allow history to the become the chain that holds us back. What if we were to cut our history lose? Set us free from it. Might we then see a different future with other possibilities that our history doesn't allow us to contemplate?
Fcuk me, no idea where that came from. I need a beer.