• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
A sub10k capacity stadium for one thing. That surely sets a fundamental ceiling?
Or course we could find a "sugar daddy" for a brief dalliance to reach behind the sofa and gift us not only a new state-of-the-art stadium but also a PL standard team at the same time? Sadly, such dalliances usually end in tears.
Darlington is the classic example - but I could also suggest Bolton/Derby/Wigan/Reading/MKFranchise just for starters.
FFS please stop with the listing of clusterf*ck teams, it has to be the most annoying trope on here

No one is saying getting a "sugar daddy"

This city should be able to have a League 1 team without stretching, it's not the Championship

Enough of the playing down the potential of the club already zzzzzzz

Grecian2K

That's the way Max
"zzzzzz" yourself all the way down to the Southern League. 🙄
(Oh, and they are not "tropes"...they are demonstrable facts - what bit about our own subsequent financial fall-outs following our sadly brief dalliances, even at Tier 3 in the past have you chosen to ignore)

supernova

At the time the decision was made to stick with him, that was 'potentially fatal' too.

Which is why the likes of RFS acting all high and mighty about it is arrogant in the extreme.

It's going over old ground, but why would I need to know who the replacement would have been? Was Caldwell on your radar before he got the job? He certainly wasn't on mine. Nor was Tisdale. Or Inglethorpe.
You wouldn’t need to know who the replacement would have been because as far as I know, all you do is post on Exeweb and have little influence on the football club apart from spewing with rage at people on here

The important bit would be the board knowing who the replacement would have been and I suspect they wouldn’t have had a clue where to start. I think sticking with the gaffer at that particular moment was probably the right call

arthur

I am immensely glad Paul Hurst is not our manager

Grecian Max

That's the way Max
"zzzzzz" yourself all the way down to the Southern League. 🙄
(Oh, and they are not "tropes"...they are demonstrable facts - what bit about our own subsequent financial fall-outs following our sadly brief dalliances, even at Tier 3 in the past have you chosen to ignore)
What is this guff?

The going round listing clubs that have tailspun is a massive exeweb trope

I have no idea why people do it, as if they're educating hardened lower league City fans who have watched football at these levels for decades

WHAT?! York are struggling in the National League? Bury did WHAT now? City almost went BUST in 2003? WTFFFFFFF

Some sort of weird God complex but it only shows in repetitive post syndrome

Last edited:

Grecian Max

apart from spewing with rage at people on here
😂 😂 😂

The sensitivity of some posters knows no bounds

Cowering from @BigBanker and his rage/vile/vengeful posts, horrible man

supernova

Shall we all meet up and have a fight and move on? I’m sick of this 😂
😂 😂 😂

[/
😂 😂 😂

SMS syndrome like you Maxy?

Grecian Max

Shall we all meet up and have a fight and move on? I’m sick of this 😂
Exeweb Royal Rumble

My money's on hants

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no reason why we can't establish ourselves in league one without turning into a basketcase club. I swear some on here would be just happy with finishing midtable in league 2 every season, as long as they've got a club to support.

JGrecian23

I wanted Caldwell gone at the end of last season. He seemed to plod his way through the summer and the recruitment was frustrating. This season has been dire in my opinion. Couldn't care if we were 13th or 18th as long as we stay up then league position isn't the be all and end all for me.

I was genuinely worried he would drag us down this season and it was only after the Barnsley away win that I changed my mind on this. I think most of us would say we are safe now, so I was wrong in my concerns that we would go down.

Do I want him here next season? Absolutely not! Will he be here? Of course he will so no point in spending the next month or two whining about it or point scoring about who said what.

He has achieved (nearly) the minimum aim of surviving this season, so for that I give credit to Caldwell. How he goes about it and the quality of the league is another argument and a pretty pointless one, so I'll go easy for now and try and enjoy the rest of the season. Next season needs to be a lot more fun though!