• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

ExmouthMart

Apparently we can afford to sack the Manager so now would be a good time. Nothing much has changed. It’s still crap and people are disillusioned. It’s just like Tisdale again. Going on and on when the good times were long gone. The chances of anything remotely different happening with Caldwell are non existent. He doggedly sticks to his data analysis based tactics and sorting it out on the training ground. The same old rubbish excuses after every p*ss poor game. Caldwell out and now……

ECFC-GC

Plus you’ll have three from the likes of Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke, QPR, Millwall, Huddersfield and maybe even Birmingham, Swansea, Blackburn or Argyle dropping in from the other direction.
Some tasty looking away days there though (provided we stay up).
Out of that lot I fancy going to Stoke, QPR and Huddersfield, although I wouldn’t so no to Blackburn either.
I hope you get the chance.
Looking at the table staying up is looking decidedly iffy! Nearly all teams below us have up to 3 games in hand. I know all won't, but if teams win their games in hand we would be sitting in 20th/21st position. Hopefully that won't happen but staying up is by no means assured. The way the team is now performing is a massive concern and my gut feeling is we will be fortunate to stay up.

Thing is now GC has had ample time to sign his own players, strikers whatever. We are still *****

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
My stance on Caldwell hasn't changed over the last few months, and it didn't change after a couple of wins. What I won't do is flip flop from in to out every other week.

Mid Devon Grecian

Sounds quite nice to me.
If you were budget/time conscious you could get a pasty in Warrens for £4, stand on the corner of high st and s street for 10mins clapping then meet your mates in the Chev, get a pint for £2 quid, drink it and be home within the hour. Much more efficient.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

milts

IMG_3961.png

milts

Didn’t take Caldwell long to revert us to type.

Bar one player we now have a fully fit squad so what will the excuse be?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its the lack of goals and attacking threat which just bores me to tears we’ve scored the least in the league.

Carlisle are absolutely doomed 14 points from safety but have still scored more than us.

The home games this season have been the worse i’ve personally seen since the Noel Blake era.

spodman

Four wins in five games is now 1 point from 9 and likely to become 1 point from 15 based on our next two fixtures. We’ll then have nine games left to accrue a minimum of 10 points which should be doable based on the fixtures but worry we are in another run where we can’t win games.

Aside from the results, the home performances are dull and uninspiring even when we win. Not sure I can justify the cost of a season ticket next year if it’s gonna be more of the same.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Four wins in five games is now 1 point from 9 and likely to become 1 point from 15 based on our next two fixtures. We’ll then have nine games left to accrue a minimum of 10 points which should be doable based on the fixtures but worry we are in another run where we can’t win games.

Aside from the results, the home performances are dull and uninspiring even when we win. Not sure I can justify the cost of a season ticket next year if it’s gonna be more of the same.
Funnily enough my son and I were debating getting a season ticket before the game saying we had probably spent more this season by not having one. However, at the end of a turgid game we both said naah perhaps not. For me getting a ST would require a number of early top class signings which in all liklihood isn;t going to happen before the end of the early bird price is it