• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the above comparisons are for another (new) thread, but the Caldwell appointment does now seem to look absolutely spot on in terms of the evolution of the club.
Have to say that I think one of the smart decisions GC has made was working well together with Kevin Nicholson this season. His (temporary) predecessor has been impressive in coming across in interviews and it seems to have been a strong partnership. While I wasn't in favour of Nicholson getting the full-time job before Caldwell was appointed, I think he might be a good choice were Gary snapped up by a better paying club (not inconceivable) close season.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to say that I think one of the smart decisions GC has made was working well together with Kevin Nicholson this season. His (temporary) predecessor has been impressive in coming across in interviews and it seems to have been a strong partnership. While I wasn't in favour of Nicholson getting the full-time job before Caldwell was appointed, I think he might be a good choice were Gary snapped up by a better paying club (not inconceivable) close season.
That's bang on.

arthur

I think the above comparisons are for another (new) thread, but the Caldwell appointment does now seem to look absolutely spot on in terms of the evolution of the club.
Absolutely. Keeping Kev was a masterstroke and,I'd have thought, quite unusual. How often do you see new managers dispensing with the existing coaching staff and bringing their own people in? I imagine a lot of good coaches, whom the players respect and respond to, have been needlessly jettisoned over the years.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like the way that Nicholson supports and encourages the players during his interviews.That spell looking after youngsters during Taylor's tenure has shaped his role in a positive way.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wont be snapped up this close season given at this stage all he has done is rebuild his reputation from that very low ebb. However, fast forward 12 months and we are around the cusp of the play off's and that's a wholly different scenario. I personally still believe that Gary wants his own legacy here which will be finishing top 7

STURTZ

If Caldwell were to leave I already have all the necessary e mails in place for his new fan base.
Plays players out of position.
Destroys academies
Bizarre tactics
Speeding fines
Talks funny
Got Googley eyeballs
That'll soon make them think again!

Alistair20000

You forgot Inglethorpe. Taylor v Tisdale no contest imho if you judge the respective managers' quality at the time of the handover. I will never forget the sheer joy of Taylor's first game - Carlisle iirc and three new signings all scored goals. A complete contrast to the crabby football and the embracing of victim status of his predecessor
A bit harsh on Tisdale there art. I think he achieved more than KMT in his earlier days. Dreadful football and arrogance later of course.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Caldwell were to leave I already have all the necessary e mails in place for his new fan base.
Plays players out of position.
Destroys academies
Bizarre tactics
Speeding fines
Talks funny
Got Googley eyeballs
That'll soon make them think again!
I'll get on that for you Sturtz.

Pobbop

You forgot Inglethorpe. Taylor v Tisdale no contest imho if you judge the respective managers' quality at the time of the handover. I will never forget the sheer joy of Taylor's first game - Carlisle iirc and three new signings all scored goals. A complete contrast to the crabby football and the embracing of victim status of his predecessor
We had made two play-off finals in a row, and whilst the last one was a bit of a chore, the side in Tisdale's penultimate season arguably played some of the best football I've seen at City, after an hideous start.

Look I'm fully aware Tis wasn't the messiah many of us thought he was originally, but FFS people that ignore him taking us from our lowest League position to highest, whilst helping found the Youth system that still funds us, just make me go a bit odd.

Taylor beats Caldwell, because of promotion, and Dolan beats Peters.

Yeah I think he turned into an arrogant ****, but he's still our best manager despite seasons of rubbish, but I'm used to seasons of rubbish, and I'd rather they be with a sound financial outlook.

Memphis09

We had made two play-off finals in a row, and whilst the last one was a bit of a chore, the side in Tisdale's penultimate season arguably played some of the best football I've seen at City, after an hideous start.

Look I'm fully aware Tis wasn't the messiah many of us thought he was originally, but FFS people that ignore him taking us from our lowest League position to highest, whilst helping found the Youth system that still funds us, just make me go a bit odd.

Taylor beats Caldwell, because of promotion, and Dolan beats Peters.

Yeah I think he turned into an arrogant ****, but he's still our best manager despite seasons of rubbish, but I'm used to seasons of rubbish, and I'd rather they be with a sound financial outlook.
I gave up my season ticket because of the terrible football under Tisdale in the last couple of years
Out of all the managers mentioned I think GC is the best … why because Taylor when we had to play the best teams in the league
ok he went to Rotherham and did a terrible job there and not doing much better at Rovers
GC also had players who no longer wanted to play for the club
Has rebuilt the squad who are turning in good performances now
we only need to add three or four quality players with some good loans and could push for playoffs