• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chieck scored one in league one against mk dons and I'm sure Dieng did as well.

A few examples...anyone got any from the short corners we've taken?

Rosencrantz

Chieck scored one in league one against mk dons and I'm sure Dieng did as well.

A few examples...anyone got any from the short corners we've taken?
Dieng was a player who would really attack the ball in the box in any situation. He actually took a lot of pressure off of Sam and Jevani who were not natural finishers of high crosses.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know what the "process" was by which the current manager was chosen. Whatever it was, it didin't work, and today was just another example of why he needs to be sacked. It's easy to pick on the players, but they're being shoe horned into a system which doesn't suit them, and trying to play football by numbers. In the meantime he stands on the touchline berates not only the officials, but also tries to micro manage the players into playing in the aforementioned style, which they can't do, because it doesn't work at the level at which we find ourselves. So, whoever/whatever decided that he was the person for the job needs to look behind the promises and statistics and look in the cold light of day at what we've got. Examples - talented players who rather than take risks would rather play within the confines and strictures of what has been pre-decided for them. Short corner? It didn't work the first, or the second time, but it continued until the last few minutes where they were gesticulated at NOT to take a short corner. The delightful interplay at the back, with no movement from midfield, slow build up, and nothing to be gained from the crosses that were fed into box - because we haven't got the striker that somehow we can't attract - are the current fare, and it isn't working.
Meanwhile we are adrift because we are in between elections to a Trust Board who have appointed a Club Board which seems bereft of anyone with any footballl experience or knowledge.
I'm writing this after today's game against one of the poorest sides that I've seen at SJP this season (and there have been several). To say that I was bored, would be a mild understatement - and as a spectacle it was up there with watching paint dry - hapless talented players being subjected to slow torture by a system that lacks drive and energy, and is surely destined to bring relegation - all to prove the point that the aforementioned process was the correct way to select a manager, and thius prove those reponsible weren't wrong.
I'm inclined to quote Oliver Cromwell “Consider That Ye May Be Wrong.”
Every word of this is spot on.

Ian Tarr

There are many faults that Caldwell has, touchline histrionics isn’t one of them.
It is when directed at his own players, who are micro managed to the max. It's just not the best way to get the most out of players who just may have minds of their own.

Antony Moxey

It is when directed at his own players, who are micro managed to the max. It's just not the best way to get the most out of players who just may have minds of their own.
Yet you see opposition managers regularly doing exactly that, and regularly winning here too (and not just when Caldwell’s been in charge).

denzel

It is also when he picks up multiple yellow cards, which incur fines and means he can't do his job on the touchline for every game.

Antony Moxey

It is also when he picks up multiple yellow cards, which incur fines and means he can't do his job on the touchline for every game.
Then carry on Gary I say.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then carry on Gary I say.
Is that the one where Barbara Windsor's bikini top flies off? 🤔

Antony Moxey

Is that the one where Barbara Windsor's bikini top flies off? 🤔
Well if she was on our bench it would certainly reveal a couple of massive tits.

Don't know what the "process" was by which the current manager was chosen. Whatever it was, it didin't work, and today was just another example of why he needs to be sacked. It's easy to pick on the players, but they're being shoe horned into a system which doesn't suit them, and trying to play football by numbers. In the meantime he stands on the touchline berates not only the officials, but also tries to micro manage the players into playing in the aforementioned style, which they can't do, because it doesn't work at the level at which we find ourselves. So, whoever/whatever decided that he was the person for the job needs to look behind the promises and statistics and look in the cold light of day at what we've got. Examples - talented players who rather than take risks would rather play within the confines and strictures of what has been pre-decided for them. Short corner? It didn't work the first, or the second time, but it continued until the last few minutes where they were gesticulated at NOT to take a short corner. The delightful interplay at the back, with no movement from midfield, slow build up, and nothing to be gained from the crosses that were fed into box - because we haven't got the striker that somehow we can't attract - are the current fare, and it isn't working.
Meanwhile we are adrift because we are in between elections to a Trust Board who have appointed a Club Board which seems bereft of anyone with any footballl experience or knowledge.
I'm writing this after today's game against one of the poorest sides that I've seen at SJP this season (and there have been several). To say that I was bored, would be a mild understatement - and as a spectacle it was up there with watching paint dry - hapless talented players being subjected to slow torture by a system that lacks drive and energy, and is surely destined to bring relegation - all to prove the point that the aforementioned process was the correct way to select a manager, and thius prove those reponsible weren't wrong.
I'm inclined to quote Oliver Cromwell “Consider That Ye May Be Wrong.”
Be very clear the persons responsible for the appointment was paid a CEO called Nick Hawker and Peter Ferlie was involved in the interview process, all confirmed in recorded fans forums. The appointed a manager with no commitment to the area or links, even after 12-months, his personal decisions circumstances have been setup for him to be dismissed and take his compensation. They say we gave him a five year contract, no doubt that will be disputed, in a club that is seriously lacking in fan engagement and control. The manager has family home 220 miles away and his commitment to the area is zero - they say he thought Exeter was near Brighton. The ECFCST continue to say he was the best option. Further to add the ECFCST membership database is provided by VERY CONNECT and the account manager was 'Nick Hawker' as stated by Kyle White of the business, when members of the membership had a demonstration. Clearly we don't use all the functionality of the software, it has event management, extensive report management and email broadcast facilities and non-responsive email reports, with easy download to CSV file for outputs for a basic analyst. You have to ask how 548 emails went astray in the first election, and also why there has not been a concluded 'routine'' candidate review - they have not done this before! Other systems are not utilised effectively also, (Trust Portal) feel free to review LINKEDIN and review people's work experience and draw your own conclusions. This ECFCST is not engaging with fans and seeks to maintain the status quo. The manager is clearly not committed!