• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bye Wolfie!

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
He was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole, was never going to work.

There is only one way, and one way alone, to increase attendances at St James Park, and that's by puting out an entertaining team, and winning some bleddy matches!!

Bittners a Legend

I would suggest that perhaps this is Tagg and the club Board trying to protect themselves and their positions by showing the Trust Board they are making cuts and reforms.

For true change to be achieved I think we have to be working towards an idea similar to what Edward has posted on other threads and certainly remove Tagg as soon as possible. I suspect his influence is a very negative and incompetent one and it is hard to ignore the fact that a.) our rapid decline coincided with him running the show as CEO and b.) that he took £150k in two years before stepping down and basically admitting he wasn't capable of performing the job. Get rid and get some fresh, talented faces on the Club Board please.

AndyR

He was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole, was never going to work.

There is only one way, and one way alone, to increase attendances at St James Park, and that's by puting out an entertaining team, and winning some bleddy matches!!
Spot on. This is the correct decision for Wolfenden personally and the Club. Some of his pricing ideas might have worked had he had a better product to sell. I'm afraid a mixture of a bad product and rising and complicated pricing is not a good recipe.

Edward

This solves little. Wolfie wasn’t the answer - and the club is lumbered with the unfortunate legacy of his odd pricing strategies - but nor is Tagg. Wolfie’s appointment was a complete waste of time and typical of an organisation that has no clue about what to do or how to do it. He was never the CEO nor did he seemingly demand any authority. He was just a marketing guy looking for a salary and positioned as a convenient fall guy.

It would be interesting to learn whether he has left with any type of package. Presumably, he hasn’t been made redundant – that would have required a process which would have leaked - so he has left willingly, either because he has been looked after or he has somehow found a job elsewhere. Let's hope it is the latter.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is it all the small earners going? Dont get me wrong they need to go too but I would much rather see Tisdale, Perryman and Tagg leave.
Tagg I agree, Tisdale whilst I have criticised him on numerous occasions he may yet save his bacon if he is able to bring out the full potential of our current crop of home grown talent. As for Perryman are you seriously suggesting that he is paid anywhere near the amounts paid to Tagg and Tisdale!!?

wemissmoxey

Tagg I agree, Tisdale whilst I have criticised him on numerous occasions he may yet save his bacon if he is able to bring out the full potential of our current crop of home grown talent. As for Perryman are you seriously suggesting that he is paid anywhere near the amounts paid to Tagg and Tisdale!!?
Perryman has been on 70k per annum plus all kinds of expenses, hardly peanuts for a small business / league two football club.

When you consider the money and his influence in and around the club one could consider he now offers very poor value.

Last edited:

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I interviewed Wolfie for the fanzine not long ago and he was clueless about the Trust's role in financing the club. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but his policies clearly haven't worked. I do feel a bit sorry for him because ECFC is a mess but would be most interested to know whose idea it was to call him CEO when he was clearly a ticketing/marketing manager. If it is the same person now pushing him out then we are no further forward.

Wolfie earned much less than Tagg in the same job, and when compared with Perryman and Tisdale so he's hardly kingpin. Be interesting to see how/if the club replaces him and Chorlton. Let's hope it's not in the same way they appointed Wolfie.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Yes I am suggesting Tagg is on far too much. Only about half of Tisdale's but when you think Tagg and Perryman earn c£150k then there is no defending it.

LOG

Three years to find the right man, wasn't it?

I don't know whether he jumped or was pushed but i'd be amazed if he's got a CEO role elsewhere. Perhaps he'll go back to being just a commercial manager rather than a commercial manager who was called a CEO? He didn't even have a place on the club board.

His leaving, whatever the circumstances, combined with the other high profile departures in recent weeks leaves me confused as to whether we've become ruthless, all of a sudden, or just a complete and utter shambles. If there aren't capable people lined up to take over, things could be worse than they already look.

I wonder if there's anyone who could fill in as CEO for the time being...?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I am suggesting Tagg is on far too much. Only about half of Tisdale's but when you think Tagg and Perryman earn c£150k then there is no defending it.
I agree with you Tagg is definitely on far too much but surely it must be him who is getting paid the lion's share of the c£150k suggested by you i.e £100k plus.