• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Buying a used car

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today is the big day when said used car is to be purchased..

Thing is it is in Durham...

Am I mad? Quite possibly but you know where Durham is near don't you..... Yes you guessed it Hartlepool.

A coincidence of the highest order. I am on the train from Taunton via Weston Super Mare to London Paddington, where I have to go to Kings Cross and then up to Durham.

Got on the train at 05.40am.

For the record I am buying a VW Touran Sport from a used car dealer. Looks and sounds very nice. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Many thanks for the sensible advice on this thread especially Agent_Kujan.

UTC.
What happens though if the car ends up being sh*t?!

LOG

What happens though if the car ends up being sh*t?!
He'll be parked on the hard shoulder at this very moment.

heathy1

He'll be parked on the hard shoulder at this very moment.
No I mean if he gets there and the car isnt all its cracked up to be, or even worse he buys it brings it back to blighty and then it goes bang meaning presumeably he'll have to take it back to Durham for warranty work to be undertaken

Antony Moxey

Another question for Agent_Kujan.........

Protect your no claims bonus or not when insuring a car?

I have 8 years no claims. Not sure wether to spend the extra £50. Bare in mind my Mrs is insured on the policy as well.
Protect every time, it's a no brainer. You know that you've got 60% discount (or similar) after your eight years claim free driving? Have a think about what that means - if you're paying £500 insurance, it would be well over a grand without your NCD so for the sake of £50, well, do I need to go on?

Loving Agent_Kujan's advice too....

Last edited:

Agent_Kujan

No sign of Front Row Lover yet, hopefully he's not broken down on the motorway somewhere.
Wouldn't like to think anything nasty happened to him following my advice.