• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury fan in peace.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bury expelled from the EFL

geoffwp

A sad day for their fans. Bolton also looking into the abyss. I wonder if this will trigger the EFL into putting more in place to ensure clubs really do spend within their means. I won't hold my breath though.

IndoMike

A sad day for their fans. Bolton also looking into the abyss. I wonder if this will trigger the EFL into putting more in place to ensure clubs really do spend within their means. I won't hold my breath though.
The EFL management are too busy leading the good life to focus on their core responsibilities.

Colesman Ballz

The EFL management are too busy leading the good life to focus on their core responsibilities.
I actually feel some sympathy with incoming EFL Chief Debbie Jevans, what a welcome to her new job, having to sort out the pile of $hit left by that incompetent buffoon Harvey. The member Clubs of the EFL must take their share of the responsibility too, they are the ones that vote to pass the rules and regulations and there are an increasing number of owners in the category of turkeys not wanting to vote for Christmas. I have faith however in our representatives speaking up and being heard.

IndoMike

I actually feel some sympathy with incoming EFL Chief Debbie Jevans, what a welcome to her new job, having to sort out the pile of $hit left by that incompetent buffoon Harvey. The member Clubs of the EFL must take their share of the responsibility too, they are the ones that vote to pass the rules and regulations and there are an increasing number of owners in the category of turkeys not wanting to vote for Christmas. I have faith however in our representatives speaking up and being heard.
I agree with all of that. None of this is Debbie Jevans' responsibility : the horse had already bolted Exeter (in the past), R&D, Blackpool, Coventry, Northampton, Bolton, Bury, and presumably several other clubs who fell out of the League or are in trouble now seem to have been victims of incompetent /dodgy/fraudulent ownership.
It seems that football clubs are perfect targets for rogue businessmen. Maybe it's because they offer a dream and football fans are so emotionally tied to their club that they fall for it
Harvey was a bloody disgrace. How do people like them get away with it? Football fans have to become more (football) politically involved. There needs to be a national football league fans association (independent of the Football League) which can can gain power in numbers and flex its muscles.

Oldsmobile-88

On R5L earlier the two owners of C & N who hoped to take over Bury said that the main problems were the charges on the ground & social club & the more they dug into that the more debt they found.

geoffwp

Football fans as a whole need to think about how their demands for success on the pitch feed into this mess. The pressure to keep spending to achieve it must be enormous.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
75% of the blame is with Day and then Dale for asset stripping and being charlatans.
25% of the blame is with Harvey who is and always was a disgrace, and convenient skulked off in the summer leaving this chaos in his wake. His legacy is

a tainted lower division cup, universally reviled;
the degrading of the League Cup such that now League 2 sides play weakened sides (yes us, but not just us) but the draw is in Thailand so that's good;
one expelled side with 130 years of history;
another FA Cup winner on the brink;
another more recent FA Cup winner homeless, again

I never 'liked' Bury very much, always cold and slightly soulless but feel for those who supported them them through it all. I have to say though it leaves a very sour taste over last season. If I was Mansfield (who I also have little time for), I'd be fuming.

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says..........BSkyB and the creation of the Premier League brand is to blame for 90% of it........incompetent/idiotic Chairmen (or women) are to blame for the remaining 10%.

(y)

exeter-loyal

Sad news, strange seeing 23 teams in League One. Could quite easily be 22 in 14 days time. That's how long Bolton have been given.