• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Tranmere Matchday Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good point Richard. Nobody seems to be talking about Wycombe. 5 points they may be behind but if we lose and they beat Swindon... plus they've won 3 on the bounce and done well against teams down there. Orient & Gills aren't really going to frighten them in last 2 games.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very, very long way to go yet but that result tonight has helped. I feel much better having a 2 point cushion with 3 extremely tough games coming up.

morpheus

Well done Bees. 50 points will see us safe, probably 49. Us needs a win though at least.

happygrecian

2 points lead over Tranmere with them to play Colchester away and Millwall and Stockport at home.
I'd rather have their two home games than the two we've got.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmmm.Think of all the recent results where bottom clubs have beaten top clubs;you can't count on any particular result going our way.Great result for us but we still very much need to do the business ourselves.
Granted but nevertheless if Tranmere beat Colchester away it would be a strong contender for shock of the season.

A draw is more plausible (after all we got one ourselves) but Col U badly need the points themselves to have any chance of making the Play-offs.

Nigel E

I'd rather have their two home games than the two we've got.
Tranmere's last game is actually away to Stockport. Though that doesn't exactly make it the toughest of matches.

Grecian Max

Good point Richard. Nobody seems to be talking about Wycombe. 5 points they may be behind but if we lose and they beat Swindon... plus they've won 3 on the bounce and done well against teams down there. Orient & Gills aren't really going to frighten them in last 2 games.
But brian... Gills and Orient are down there with us. Wycombe could do us a favour if you ask me.

Phil Sayers

But brian... Gills and Orient are down there with us. Wycombe could do us a favour if you ask me.
Agree - I said on another thread that I could see a situation on the last day of the season whereby the Gills could catch us but Wycombe couldn't although they in turn could catch their opponents.

I'd rather they stayed in with a chance right until the end in view of who they are playing in those last few.

geoffwp

I really don't like relying on other games to go the way we would like them to go. It's a bit too much like doing the pools and I never managed more than 12 pts anyway. What Bees have done is put our fate firmly back in OUR hands so we dont have to rely on the lottery. We really need to be concentrating on what WE can do to take the maximum points from our last games then the rest can do what the hell they like. That way will get us and, more importantly, the team approaching these vital games in a positive way whereas thinking too much about the others can generate an over cautious approach.

Last edited:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always liked the guy. ;)
He didnt like us ,but that makes up for it.;)