• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Tranmere Matchday Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well looking at it this way;

Tranny have a stone wall banker , cast iron, mortgage money down and ready to collect, 3 points on last day of season v Stockport.

I think they'll get a point at home to Millwall and be beaten by Colchester (or point in vice-versa)

That IMHO gives them 48 points.
Even if they did get a point in both Colchester away & Millwall home thats 49.

One win brings us to 49 and a much better goal difference. Three points keeps us up.
It won't be at Charlton but perhaps we could drop the defence tactics at Hartlepool and f*cking go for it.

Thank you Ben Strevens

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love them Bees!
Vital defeats for relegation rivals. pollination of plant life and honey too.

Erico

Thank you Brentford. Now let's see a big performance vs Charlton on saturday, and we will have a massive chance of staying up.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at Tranmere's next fixture a draw should take us to being effectively four clear and a win would leave us needing only a point in the last two to be safe.
Hmmm.Think of all the recent results where bottom clubs have beaten top clubs;you can't count on any particular result going our way.Great result for us but we still very much need to do the business ourselves.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could do with the Hartlepool situation re points deductions being crystal clear before we go there. Anyone know the timescales?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you Ben Strevens
Always liked the guy. ;)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
think we will only finish above gills if we win a couple and we'd be ok anyway if we did that so tranmere and wycombe only to really concentrate on although still hope the others all lose just in case. Huddersfield will win saturday i'm sure so that helps us if it goes to last day i think.

colchester however still have a mathmatical chance so surely need to go for it against tranmere, hope millwall win saturday and get into 2nd place which will make it vital for them to win at tranmere. If tranmere lose next two we should get one point to be ok, let's face it if we don't get one point we don't deserve it.

Might help us also at hartlepool if they don't lose the three points for inelegible player, they might then be safe if they get points this weekend.

Just hope swindon beat wycombe, otherwise could then see them beating orient and gills to finish on 50 pts.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could do with the Hartlepool situation re points deductions being crystal clear before we go there. Anyone know the timescales?
Now I would prefer it if they could keep their points - before they play us of course.

The table looks significantly better than it did this morning, but just because its in our own hands, we can't afford to throw it away.

Even Oldham drawing at Soton improves things. If Hudderfield get a win before they play us, they can take it easy before the play offs.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

It won't be at Charlton
You're right in that respect, at least Brian....
....the game's at FORTRESS ST JAMES'!!!

Recreate the "Leeds spirit" again (on and OFF the pitch) and we can do that baby!!! [y]

(City being City, and after Tranmere, its the Hartlepool game that worries me more, tbh :( )

PeteUSA

Whats the Harlepool points deduction got do with anything?