• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

exeter-loyal

Got to beat Cheltenham in the league 2 weeks time, got to raise it again.

hardi2b

all is not lost.....still very tight at the top any of the top 6 could go top in the next couple of months, need to put the pill in the net though....

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Denzil said earlier , roll on the January window , we’ve no firepower in our squad , seemingly no forward who looks like getting into double figures.Trouble is , everyone else will be looking for decent goal scorers too. Shame because it may well sink our season.

Grecian2K

And, to be fair, our away defensive record is showing steady signs of improvement!

IndoMike

Like most of the teams in League 2 this year, we're very inconsistent.
Not having a regular goalscorer is like climbing up a mountain knowing that in the last 100 meters everybody falls off.
But it's a team game. We need everybody to click to win comfortably, and that doesn't always happen
We need to have more defensive players away from home : we're too exposed. Away from home, why not play Sweeney and Richardson down the right and Woodman and Sparkes down the left? That should block off the opponents's wingers while stretching their defense. Also playing away we will counter-attack. You don't need a big central striker if counter - attacking.
Having said all that, we were very unlucky to lose Ajose at the start of the season. And it does seem that the defense felt more secure with Ward.
Overall, no need to panic yet : we're just 2 points off the top. But it could have been so much better.
Against Cheltenham, Moxey will.have to cover for Parkes and Jay for Taylor to increase our chances of scoring.

GJW

Alan Tonge summed it up very well...nice passing, nice bits of skill but not clinical enough in front of goal 😌 btw very good commentary team today (apart from Laws!!)...only bright spot today most of the other results went well for us! UTC!
‘Laws’ was annoying and unnecessary, and ‘tickle’, WTF is that about. He’s not a bad commentator but sounds a right tit every time he says that.

hardi2b

‘Laws’ was annoying and unnecessary, and ‘tickle’, WTF is that about. He’s not a bad commentator but sounds a right tit every time he says that.
Don't let his insignificant peccadilloes affect you so.....although I can understand your annoyance.

Stelios

Against Cheltenham, Moxey will.have to cover for Parkes and Jay for Taylor to increase our chances of scoring.
I suspect Atangana will come in for Jake. Not saying I agree with it but I doubt Jay will start.

grecIAN Harris

Name them.
It depends on which one of the bigger two you play and whether we're at home or not. If Fisher starts then you have to play Ajose, when he's fit, or Seymour as I don't think Fisher has enough goals in him. Bowman will score in fits and starts. At home I'd always start with Ajose or Seymour. The onus is on us to attack and we have to get the extra man in the box. If you want to play one off the big man then it has to be Matt Jay. I know he is playing deeper as he's got older but he has the understanding through his development playing up front. I think he would be better paired with Bowman.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose isn't fit, where have you been ?