• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

ECFC89

Is every decent half decent player coming to the end of their contract we ever have, going to end up signing for Mk Dons?

I just love Tisdale me.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hiram on Twitter
I’d like to thank the management the players and the fans at Exeter City who have been great with me over the last 2 years and helped me create some memories I will never forget! I wish them nothing but the best going forward

Exehausted

I wonder how much we'll get. He never really did fulfil his potential with us, and despite playing 74 times only scored 3 times. I expect a figure somewhere near £50k.
Hants, I've said on another thread that I'm hoping for at least £250,000 and it seems everyone thinks that's very optimistic. Seven years ago we got an initial £75,000 for James Dunne plus extras. Two very different types of player but I would say Hiram is worth a lot more than Dunny. I really liked James style, aggressive and hard working but not someone who was a regular game changer. You only have to look at what the Cowley's wrote on their charts that were left in the changing room after the 2018 play-off game. It was all about stopping Hiram. I hope we kept those sheets to show how highly he is rated by at least one management team. He proved it that night as well, despite their pre-planning. If MK get him for anything under £250,000 they've got a bargain.

Ash

I'd like to think we can get 100k and I'd be very happy with that. Looked the dogs ******** every so often, but mostly he flattered to deceive. Despite his obvious talent, I don't think he'll be a huge miss. And I'm sure his wages were high for us, so more leeway in the transfer market for King Matt.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
the fans at Exeter City who have been great with me
Obviously hasn't been on Exeweb then.

Good luck to him.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope whatever we get, we reinvest it in the first team preferably with a striker. 'Oh, but good strikers who are prepared to move down here don't grow on trees' I hear you cry. As I just said to my cousin on the same subject, we aren't the sleepy backwater we once we're. We have a good reputation of developing players and giving them the opportunity to move on and play at a higher level. It's a big incentive for any player.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is every decent half decent player coming to the end of their contract we ever have, going to end up signing for Mk Dons?

I just love Tisdale me.
It's almost as though Tisdale lives in fear of us doing well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's ever watchful and ready to prise away anyone or anything that would see ECFC take off.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's almost as though Tisdale lives in fear of us doing well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's ever watchful and ready to prise away anyone or anything that would see ECFC take off.
I know we like to ourselves as being something a bit different and special but you are deluding yourself Stuffy.

Stelios

I just love Tisdale me.
It does feel that way. I am amazed he hasn't come in for Tilson though especially after he gave him a 3 year deal... (facepalm)

Boateng has a bit of class and has ability to play at a higher level but still rough around the edges. Looked too good for this league some weeks but average the next. Too hesitant at times and would drift out of games but we're a weaker squad without him at the moment.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It does feel that way. I am amazed he hasn't come in for Tilson though especially after he gave him a 3 year deal... (facepalm)

Boateng has a bit of class and has ability to play at a higher level but still rough around the edges. Looked too good for this league some weeks but average the next. Too hesitant at times and would drift out of games but we're a weaker squad without him at the moment.
Whether or not we are a weaker squad depends on how the youngsters progress. If Matt Jay builds on last season he has potential to offer more of a regular goal scoring threat than Hiram. Equally there is talk of Archie playing further forward and who knows how good he could become.