• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Bar

Rog H K

Cant see this working.

Do you know where they have put it? At the end of the catering hut where there is no space to drink. Probably serve about 20 people then have no space for anyone else to get a drink.
They put a tent up in the car park the other day. If that is the bar then we should be able to cope.

MikeGrecian

Was always going to be constricted for space at the back of the BB,reckon they should incorporate them with the Dominoes pizza bods who wander around,pizza and a beer and watch the game..luvverly:D

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, bizarrely it is actually literally "in veiw of the pitch". I was once in an exec box at a game (not at SJP), where there was a shutter across the front of the box. This was present before the game, so as not to be "in veiw of the pitch", and was removed once everyone had finished drinking. It was then reinstated during half time.
Like the man with the orthopaedic shoe, i stand corrected.

Oldsmobile-88

At Chesterfield last week I bought a bottle of Carlsberg 5 minutes before the 2nd half kicked off but you didnt have to hurry up to drink it because they were actually streaming the game on TV screens down by the refreshment huts so didnt miss any of the action which I personally think is a great idea which more clubs should adopt, have not seen it done anywhere else before. People cant laugh at you then if you miss a goal!
They stream the match at Burton too....Also at Fleetwood the game is streamed in their bar/club as...Very nice too when it is freezing outside(the bar/clubhouse is inside the ground)

Last edited:

Rog H K

They stream the match at Burton too....Also at Fleetwood the game is streamed in their bar/club as...Very nice too when it is freezing outside(the bar/clubhouse is inside the ground)
They stream it in the Centre Spot at Exeter City too;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They put a tent up in the car park the other day. If that is the bar then we should be able to cope.
From a photo I've seen there seems to be loads of space.

Grecian2K

Well, the "Red & White" Lager was only £2 a (UNLABELLED) bottle but it looked, and tasted like gnat ****.

Methinks they'll have to get some proper, branded brews in if this long longed for facility is to be a success [n]

Although, on the plus side, at least a well known and respected Exeweb mod can FINALLY get her half time nicotine fix now! ;)

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
They stream it in the Centre Spot at Exeter City too;)
Be nice if they could stream it onto GP ... :)

Shabba's Back

Good idea and good to see the club coming up with new ideas. Downside is, not being able to drink while watching. At least at RL games you can. Lots of drinks for me during the match next friday night :)

Wellyred

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...couldn't make it today and was keen to know if the bar on the bank was a roaring success?