• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Bar

poobarb

Isn't it that it's not whilst the game is in progress rather than the pitch itself?
No, bizarrely it is actually literally "in veiw of the pitch". I was once in an exec box at a game (not at SJP), where there was a shutter across the front of the box. This was present before the game, so as not to be "in veiw of the pitch", and was removed once everyone had finished drinking. It was then reinstated during half time.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I personally don't think this will work. I'm not trying to shoot it down before it has even begun but give me The Red Square any time. A bar/pub has to have 'something', be that a location, setting, unique selling point.

The Red Square allows people who mill about in a large area together, benches, food outlets. There are things happening, you have the Club Shop, Reception, Center Spot, Players Entry all within eyeshot of the bar. What would the bar at the back have? I'm assuming the view is of either a dark dingy back of the Big Bank, or some cars all within a small area. There will be a food hut though, but wouldnt that mean leaving the bar (and your drink) area to join the queue?

Other than at HT when the demand will obviously go up, I think many will choose to rather stay in the Red Square.
I agree with mammooooman from begining to end. I dont think this'll work. All energy of this kind should be generated into the other current available 'bars' that he's outlined. Not some thrown together temporary construction with no atmosphere. Imagine managing to buy a nice pint with three minutes to go before the second half kicks off, and then having one of the Dayglo army teling you that you have to tip the contents of your glass away before you can return to your football viewing spot! Not a chance!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with mammooooman from begining to end. I dont think this'll work. All energy of this kind should be generated into the other current available 'bars' that he's outlined. Not some thrown together temporary construction with no atmosphere. Imagine managing to buy a nice pint with three minutes to go before the second half kicks off, and then having one of the Dayglo army teling you that you have to tip the contents of your glass away before you can return to your football viewing spot! Not a chance!
Pete,

That's just it..there are no available bars in the big bank...red square is only available to the flybe ...

I can see some trying it before the game and a lot trying it at ht...

Adam

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
, only issue is when a goal goes in you get soaked ;)
Rugby fans can drink during the game and in view of the pitch. Guess there's not a lot to get excited about!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Great idea from the club ...... saves me filling my hipflask

Rog H K

Great idea from the club ...... saves me filling my hipflask
:D[y]

It's Apple soup ofthicer!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be very surprised if the stewards told you to drink your pint up or tip it away before the game kicks off. At Chesterfield last week I bought a bottle of Carlsberg 5 minutes before the 2nd half kicked off but you didnt have to hurry up to drink it because they were actually streaming the game on TV screens down by the refreshment huts so didnt miss any of the action which I personally think is a great idea which more clubs should adopt, have not seen it done anywhere else before. People cant laugh at you then if you miss a goal!

MikeGrecian

When's this being instated?Going to save me visiting the offy en-route to the game;)

No, bizarrely it is actually literally "in veiw of the pitch". I was once in an exec box at a game (not at SJP), where there was a shutter across the front of the box. This was present before the game, so as not to be "in veiw of the pitch", and was removed once everyone had finished drinking. It was then reinstated during half time.
There you have it folks, if you're going to drink back on the bank, close your eyes!

first post

Cant see this working.

Do you know where they have put it? At the end of the catering hut where there is no space to drink. Probably serve about 20 people then have no space for anyone else to get a drink.