• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its very frustrating that we never reveal the figures.

I don't buy into the reasoning that other clubs will know how much money we've got or the fact the fans will know so will put pressure on the club to spend it. The fans of ecfc are as patient as they come and there really wouldn't be pressure to spend it all on players as generally the fans trust the club to do the right thing with the money, and so what if other clubs know we've made X million selling a player. It only promotes our academy.
But we have been told in the past, if the buying club has no objection

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we'd have been crazy not to negotiate add ons and I'm sure that's not the case

Grecianpasty

Sun sport online have reported that we have received half of what villa paid for Louie Barry from Barcelona, which was 3 million. That with significant add ons. Its the only report I've seen which has put a figure to the deal. I'd be hugely suprised if that's even remotely true.

IndoMike

Sun sport online have reported that we have received half of what villa paid for Louie Barry from Barcelona, which was 3 million. That with significant add ons. Its the only report I've seen which has put a figure to the deal. I'd be hugely suprised if that's even remotely true.
Yep, that's what the Sun says. Considering that Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern all showed considerable interest in the lad then 1.5m + add-ons wouldn't make Villa owners blink

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If true that's our "get out of jail free" card for this season even if Ollie goes nowhere.

Pobbop

Its very frustrating that we never reveal the figures.

I don't buy into the reasoning that other clubs will know how much money we've got or the fact the fans will know so will put pressure on the club to spend it. The fans of ecfc are as patient as they come and there really wouldn't be pressure to spend it all on players as generally the fans trust the club to do the right thing with the money, and so what if other clubs know we've made X million selling a player. It only promotes our academy.
Have they ever said, that about it being about the fans, it's about other clubs I thought. Say if we did receive 1.5 Million (no I don't believe it either), all of a sudden all the teams we may be in negotiations for players, tkink oh they've got a bit of cash, let's slap a big transfer fee on him.

The other team often also feel the same and sometimes don't want it known how much they're willing to pay, it's common practice throughout every football League across the World.

IndoMike

Have they ever said, that about it being about the fans, it's about other clubs I thought. Say if we did receive 1.5 Million (no I don't believe it either), all of a sudden all the teams we may be in negotiations for players, tkink oh they've got a bit of cash, let's slap a big transfer fee on him.

The other team often also feel the same and sometimes don't want it known how much they're willing to pay, it's common practice throughout every football League across the World.
It could be 1.5m
Maybe Villa didn't want to fark around competing with other clubs for his services so made a good offer to us and Chrisene.
Hus name is obviously on the radar of several big clubs
It's peanuts for Villa and worth the small risk they are taking. Not every club is a cheapskate like Chelsea.

jjmanning

Here is the Sun article, like many I'm taking it with a big pinch of salt, if the club has managed to get the fee being spoken about personally I feel we have done really well to do so and wish Ben nothing but success

jimbo-gould

I would be surprised if it was not over £1mil. The club would be pushing towards Ampadu’s figure for a point of reference. Youngest player ever for us etc.

Pobbop

It could be 1.5m
Maybe Villa didn't want to fark around competing with other clubs for his services so made a good offer to us and Chrisene.
Hus name is obviously on the radar of several big clubs
It's peanuts for Villa and worth the small risk they are taking. Not every club is a cheapskate like Chelsea.
You could be right, I am not saying you aren't, but the scum is not a reputable source for me. Would be nice though, and as others have said would mean we could stop stressing about if Watkins goes. Yet seems odd they are the only source making anything like that type of money claim.

This yoof policy thing isn't bad really, despite some pitfalls....