• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
1.5m plus add ons is a great piece of business if true. (y)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weren't the Grimes and Watkins fees undisclosed? Yet we all still seem to know that Grimes went for 1.7m and Watkins 1.8m.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also whos next on the conveyor belt? Grimes and Storey came from nowhere, Ampadu had been mentioned for a couple of years prior to leaving, Chrisene has been the big talking point for the last 12-18 months and has now gone, any other names arising from our youngsters.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

Here is the Sun article, like many I'm taking it with a big pinch of salt, if the club has managed to get the fee being spoken about personally I feel we have done really well to do so and wish Ben nothing but success
A lot of thanks from the academy manger so it would appear they had to do something a bit special to clinch the deal.

Colesman Ballz

Weren't the Grimes and Watkins fees undisclosed? Yet we all still seem to know that Grimes went for 1.7m and Watkins 1.8m.
The basic fees do tend to come out in the open via Accounts,and Agents figures eventually, it is the precise nature of the add on clauses that are more difficult to determine. But of course as fans we all want to know everything instantaneously ! :)

Arthur Davey

The basic fees do tend to come out in the open via Accounts,and Agents figures eventually, it is the precise nature of the add on clauses that are more difficult to determine. But of course as fans we all want to know everything instantaneously ! :)
...patience is a virtue (or, as my Dad used to say, Patience is a virgin...)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also whos next on the conveyor belt? Grimes and Storey came from nowhere, Ampadu had been mentioned for a couple of years prior to leaving, Chrisene has been the big talking point for the last 12-18 months and has now gone, any other names arising from our youngsters.
Isn’t there a young striker called Sonny something who’s meant to be very good?

grecIAN Harris

Isn’t there a young striker called Sonny something who’s meant to be very good?
I thought he played up front for Spurs........

IndoMike

You could be right, I am not saying you aren't, but the scum is not a reputable source for me. Would be nice though, and as others have said would mean we could stop stressing about if Watkins goes. Yet seems odd they are the only source making anything like that type of money claim.

This yoof policy thing isn't bad really, despite some pitfalls....
I agree with you that the Sun is carp and you can't rely on info from most media outlets. But I had a look at the Villa fans forum yesterday as you do when it's raining and I kinda got the feeling they are really into improving their academy in a big way. Allegedly they spent 3 million on another "wunderkind" so that makes 1.5m believable. Plus like I said Chrisene seems to be hot property .
You're right, in the end we don't really know : it's just a matter of what you are prepared to believe.

StudentGrecian

Made me chuckle when I saw all the Villa fans talking about how they spending big on young players to improve their academy, spending millions on 16 year olds doesn't make them Villa Academy graduates.
Seems like they are just buying into Chelsea's youth strategy that is aimed at making profit.