• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking like it will be Aston Villa then. Shame he couldn't have stayed and played some first team football with us.
It is a shame but hopefully the clubs can agree a fee quickly and at least of some benefit to ECFC as we know the panels take about 10 years to decide. I wonder how much the club value Ben at. but this will help short term financially.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bye bye Ben and thanks for the complete absence of any memories.

Colesman Ballz

Bye bye Ben and thanks for the complete absence of any memories.
Did you leave the match early, in order to get to the bar first, and miss his cameo ? Shirley not ? :unsure:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really disappointing that these youngsters don't, or at least indicate that they're prepared to, sign a pro contract to protect the club who developed them from getting peanuts (which is what happened with Jude Bellingham and his family). We're obviously not going to hold them back.

The deluder

You do wonder. This has happened to Ethan Ampadu, Jay Stanfield and now Ben Chrisene.

iscalad

Looking like it will be Aston Villa then. Shame he couldn't have stayed and played some first team football with us.
Turned down a pro contract apparently. Wonder what pittance we'll get?

ryancooper327

don’t mind a young lad aiming high and securing money but this is what annoys me...

How much of the £100m will we see?

Banksy

Turned down a pro contract apparently. Wonder what pittance we'll get?
Just hope the thread dies out after the pittance is received ,I’ve lost interest already

Boyo

Really disappointing that these youngsters don't, or at least indicate that they're prepared to, sign a pro contract to protect the club who developed them from getting peanuts (which is what happened with Jude Bellingham and his family). We're obviously not going to hold them back.
All three players waited for their scholarships to end, which meant they were old enough for us to offer them pro contracts. They could have signed for anyone earlier, in which case we'd have got the standard EPPP compensation, which equates to a bag of crisps and a mars bar. By waiting we are able to negotiate a fee, or go to a tribunal. It' not the players fault and if they want to move to bigger and better Clubs, good luck to them; they deserve a chance and we absolutely should not stand in their way. I blame the big clubs who repeatedly refuse to throw larger crumbs to the likes of us, yet sell mediocre players to each other for tens of millions.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
don’t mind a young lad aiming high and securing money but this is what annoys me...

How much of the £100m will we see?
And if they've got that much to spend then Chrisene ain't gonna get much game time.