• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not a qualified accountant, but I sincerely hope you are wrong. Is not our operational loss allowed/budgeted for only because we have made recent sales? There is no guarantee that these will continue and if they do not we will have to cut our cloth accordingly.
To avoid any misunderstanding, let me reiterate. My understanding is that our standard operational loss is around 500k per annum. But transfer fees in the last few years have helped to cover that loss plus have some leftovers. And I assume that is why we are so prudent regarding signings - but not with Tisdale and his clan's salary.
I assume that is why we were broke a couple of seasons ago and the club had to ask for a loan from the Trust which suddenly became a gift. We know it's difficult for most Div 2 clubs to survive.
But I also state that my memory might be playing up and I might have got the wrong end of the stick, which is why I said it would be good if one of our many Exeweb accountants could confirm if I am right or wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Trust did not loan the Club money, the money that the Trust has given to the Club (from subs) has been changed from a loan to a gift.

The budget is set according to income, the transfer fees are loaded on to the budget, worth in the region of £500pa but varies to what is available. Income from transfers is spread over a number of seasons, so that we can afford to offer 2 and 3 year contracts to players and know we have money in the bank to pay them to the end of the contract.

Looks like we won't get much money for Ben if he goes before signing a professional contract.

IndoMike

The Trust did not loan the Club money, the money that the Trust has given to the Club (from subs) has been changed from a loan to a gift.

The budget is set according to income, the transfer fees are loaded on to the budget, worth in the region of £500pa but varies to what is available. Income from transfers is spread over a number of seasons, so that we can afford to offer 2 and 3 year contracts to players and know we have money in the bank to pay them to the end of the contract.

Looks like we won't get much money for Ben if he goes before signing a professional contract.
About the loan : yes, exactly as I said in the post above yours that you are referring to. FCS wake up, Hants.

andrew p long

About the loan : yes, exactly as I said in the post above yours that you are referring to. FCS wake up, Hants.
In fairness to Hants, his post is timed four minutes after yours. So I suspect he like you was responding to an earlier post, but was typing his when yours appeared. He is a decent chap too.

IndoMike

In fairness to Hants, his post is timed four minutes after yours. So I suspect he like you was responding to an earlier post, but was typing his when yours appeared. He is a decent chap too.
In fairness to me, I didn't say he wasn't a nice chap.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why worry about fairness when you're talking football and in particular another premier****e raid on our yoof. There's nothing fair about it

Last edited: