• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure which bit that you are struggling to understand.
Not struggling to understand anything, other than why you thought it a good idea to post the rubbish you did.

IndoMike

It would, but where else is the money going to come from?
Currently it comes from Premiership/EFL, gate receipts and from the owners (Supporters Trust)
I think we've been told we are spending £500,000 over and above the sum of these for the next couple of years ONLY because we have the income from player sales.
My understanding is that we make an operational loss of around 500k per annum and that transfer income compensates for this +. We don't have an operational loss only because we have transfer income : it happens whether we chose for it to happen or not.
However, I'm sure one of our qualified accountants can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
it’s amazing that if you have a different opinion then you’re a multi or a troll.

Happy clapping doesn’t bring success.
See now there’s the thing, ‘happy clapping’ was a common phrase in these boards in recent years which has gone out common parlance now. So it’s either an odd coincidence that you’ve chosen to use it, or you’re a regular under another nom de plume.

No idea who mind, but it’s getting old.

IndoMike

1. Chelsea, Liverpool and presumably others are always seeing how much they can get away with regarding nicking academy players. The FA and League do fark all about it. They don't have the ballz. Football is governed by a bunch of weak-kneed to77ers.

2. We can't do anything about the above.

3. However, it has to be said that hundreds of young teenage players show talent and play for the England U teams but don't make the grade.

4. The FA/ League should make a simple rule that once a player joins an academy he may not be signed by another club until he is 18

Dannyred

Not struggling to understand anything, other than why you thought it a good idea to post the rubbish you did.
What was rubbish? It’s an opinion that clearly differs from yours but this is a forum of different opinions.

Snakebite, hope you slept well as you were clearly over thinking last night.

Red Devon

We don't have to sell players to justify the chairmans 20k wage increase.

If we think a scoreboard will make us money we'd get one.
There’s also an element of adding to the match day experience by having a proper LED screen scoreboard at SJP

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There’s also an element of adding to the match day experience by having a proper LED screen scoreboard at SJP
I agree. That's the best reason for getting one, though if it can bring in additional advertising revenue that would be good too. Pretty sure the Club are actively working on this (it would / will go above the roof of the away terrace behind the goal).

geoffwp

I'd ask which bit are YOU actually struggling to understand Danny. The contract, or lack of, situation has been explained so you should now understand that the club do not deliberately give young talent away. So, understanding that, perhaps you'd answer RM's question? If YOU were running the club how would you ensure the talented academy lads stayed at the club when they have premiership clubs whispering in their ear and also their parents ears. Enlighten us do.
Still a big silence from you Danny, or is the truth off it thst you really dont know? Easier to take pot shots at the club?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
See now there’s the thing, ‘happy clapping’ was a common phrase in these boards in recent years which has gone out common parlance now. So it’s either an odd coincidence that you’ve chosen to use it, or you’re a regular under another nom de plume.

No idea who mind, but it’s getting old.
I think I recall Gary Johnson's favourite fan used to refer to the happy clappers a lot, might be wrong though

Matt Russell

My understanding is that we make an operational loss of around 500k per annum and that transfer income compensates for this +. We don't have an operational loss only because we have transfer income : it happens whether we chose for it to happen or not.
However, I'm sure one of our qualified accountants can correct me if I'm wrong about that.
I'm not a qualified accountant, but I sincerely hope you are wrong. Is not our operational loss allowed/budgeted for only because we have made recent sales? There is no guarantee that these will continue and if they do not we will have to cut our cloth accordingly.