• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley vs Exeter match day thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it Cameron Dawson was sat in the away end today
Pete USA will be on in a minute wondering how on earth he let that half time cup of tea go through him...

david61

9 wins, 2 of them in last few days, that was the week that was...

grecIAN Harris

Pete USA will be on in a minute wondering how on earth he let that half time cup of tea go through him...
I think he was taking a p!ss........

Bridgy 81

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it Cameron Dawson was sat in the away end today
Great stuff.
I’d imagine players only do that sort of thing with a former club if they have a real affinity with them.
As an outside observer he never seems to have had the full confidence of any of Wednesday’s succession of managers since he’s been there.
His contract is up in the summer and I know he’s on very decent wages.
Although it’s a long shot (and assuming we retain our League One status) how about a reasonable financial offer to him and a two year deal?
Plus persuade Harry to stay with the promise of all Cup games at a minimum and the possibility of some stand-in appearances.
Cameron Dawson for two years then Harry Lee takes over when he’s 20/21 for our tilt at the Championship.
That sounds like a dream ticket to me.

STURTZ

Our upturn in form has been largely down to players returning from injury and getting match fit. No great change in direction, we started with a good team, we got a horrendous amount of serious injuries to key players. We lost form, fans became hyper critical. Players came back and we got good again. If we had kept Demi fit we'd probably be top 7.

elginCity

Our upturn in form has been largely down to players returning from injury and getting match fit. No great change in direction, we started with a good team, we got a horrendous amount of serious injuries to key players. We lost form, fans became hyper critical. Players came back and we got good again. If we had kept Demi fit we'd probably be top 7.
Crucially, not the fans on the board though.

We're not safe yet of course, but fair play to them for sticking with their man through a very difficult period when many other clubs wouldn't have.

Rosencrantz

I was pleased to see when Jack shot from that tight angle to score, Sonny was waiting for the rebound 🙂.

Grecian2K

Go easy on me I’m a match day thread virgin.

Can we carry forward the excellent result from Tuesday.

Here’s hoping 🤞

Safe travels to those heading up to Oakwell. Let’s see off The Tykes!
Go easy on you??? 😱
Open top bus already booked for you m'lad!

Spoonz Red E

I was pleased to see when Jack shot from that tight angle to score, Sonny was waiting for the rebound 🙂.
He was also ready in place up at Rovers if the ball had come off the post differently ...

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very happy coach on the way home after watching a thrilling game today. I havent been convinced thus far by Harper but he was a man on a mission today! Equally Ilmari had his best game and was so strong defensively and superb bursting forward at pace. Chieck was once more solid as granate. Aitchison was the best player on the pitch and Cole is getting better and better with some of his passing on a different level. The celebration at the end was worth getting up at 5.30 am :)