• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley vs Exeter match day thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally i like both but the grey always looks nicer when you have just had an incredibly surprising result such as Barnsley but also Wycombe
I think the visual "slimming" qualities of wearing a black shirt will always have appeal to the phat barstewards amongst our fanbase ! :cool:

Gordon Dale

the view from the splendid Barnsley 'Red All Over' podcast.

Good stuff in minutes 7-10 when the perceptive Andy gives his view, including 'they did a number on us' 'it could have been 0-5 at half time' and 'but we could have won 6-5 if we'd taken the second half chances' He also apparently got some stick on the match preview for predicting at the start of the season that ECFC would finish top six!

Great find Andrew .Thanks for posting. Thought GC might to play 'Andy's' comments to our players .Genuine comment from a good Yorkshire lad. Yorkshire folk say as it is not what they might like!

Gordon Dale

Vince Harper physically is not the biggest of players and he does seem to be targeted by some opponents but he is adapting well to League 1 football.
Looking at the Barnsley fans forum some are very complementary about his performance yesterday. Before looking him up one thought he must be on loan to us from a Premiership club.
Having spoken with him briefly and by chance after the Coventry City friendly I'm not surprised by his progress. I judge him to be a very self effacing lad who is eager to learn and he will. Excellent temperament .

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the visual "slimming" qualities of wearing a black shirt will always have appeal to the phat barstewards amongst our fanbase ! :cool:
i like the look of the grey shirt but have bought the black one for reasons you allude to haha