• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley Away Predictions and Build Up

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm predicting GC has signed an all-new strike force but won't announce the signings until after they appear on the teamsheet.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keep it boring, please. Frustrate and try to nick one. Probably still get beat, but gives us our best chance, IMO. Stick with them if it doesn't work out.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't get tonked again. We're over that phase now.
Oh it was just a phase? Like when a teenager starts listening to Siouxsie Soux and wearing Egyptian eye makeup?

ChardGrecian

Defensively much more solid since Diabate returned to centre of defensive but loss of Purrington may make us more vulnerable so don‘t see a tonking. Most likely a loss as scoring remains a problem but keeping fingers crossed and will take a point.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be interesting to see whether Hartridge or Aimson starts for this one. My preference is for Aimson, with Jules as full/wing back.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it is very unfair to refer to Carroll as injury prone.

He has had one serious injury that cost him an entire season. He is not injury prone.
Come on tone the manager himself has talked numerous times on Carroll and the need to manage him carefully. It's not a revelation honest :ROFLMAO:

contrabombarde

I can't see it happening again but this fixture always reminds me of back in the year dot when we were down 3-0 at half time and then I was dancing round the room when the score came up on the radio (probably crystal set) Barnsley 3 Exeter City 4.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see it happening again but this fixture always reminds me of back in the year dot when we were down 3-0 at half time and then I was dancing round the room when the score came up on the radio (probably crystal set) Barnsley 3 Exeter City 4.
Sturtz has already copyrighted that moment earlier in the thread :)

magiccity1

Defensively much more solid since Diabate returned to centre of defensive but loss of Purrington may make us more vulnerable so don‘t see a tonking. Most likely a loss as scoring remains a problem but keeping fingers crossed and will take a point.
I agree=Diabiate has been excellent recently.

Exehausted

I was very positive before Rovers and although less so for this one I can still see us getting a point. Rovers had been struggling and we had been showing signs of improvement, with Sonny and Cheick being big reasons for the turn around. Then we bring in Ben who played well on Saturday and I felt we had a good chance. Of course we have now lost Ben and Sonny must be a doubt so not good. However, they are a good footballing side and what good footballing sides do is they give you a chance to play good football back. I assume Alex will play on the left and hopefully as LWB or full back if we go 4 at the back. I really hope Gary leaves Zak in the middle as he looks solid there. My big call for this one is Tom Carroll and Luke Harris have big games and help us to play the ball forward quickly. I can see a very good game of football between two sides who like to play the ball around. As always we mustn't concede early and if that happens we could get a point. Up the City!