• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

Barum

Because he can't control what happens once the players cross the line onto the pitch. Tis can point and shout and do a miriad of other things to try and get his point across during the game but if it doesn't sink into the players head there is simply nothing he can do. Once he's back on the training pitch and he see something during a training game, he can stop play and ask the questions, point out the answers. He, you or anybody else can't do that in the heat of battle.
As others have pointed out, it's HIS signings & HIS tactics. If I feck up at work I hold my hands up & take responsibility. If someone in my working party fecks up due to what I tell them to do up I also take responsibility. And of course I didn't employ them in the first place!

Massive game for him next week, or maybe not, as it won't be his fault if we lose will it?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because he can't control what happens once the players cross the line onto the pitch. Tis can point and shout and do a miriad of other things to try and get his point across during the game but if it doesn't sink into the players head there is simply nothing he can do. Once he's back on the training pitch and he see something during a training game, he can stop play and ask the questions, point out the answers. He, you or anybody else can't do that in the heat of battle.
Sorry, disagree, because in the world of football it's the manager that is held responsible.

Well except for Exeter City, apparently.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have pointed out, it's HIS signings & HIS tactics. If I feck up at work I hold my hands up & take responsibility. If someone in my working party fecks up due to what I tell them to do up I also take responsibility. And of course I didn't employ them in the first place!

Massive game for him next week, or maybe not, as it won't be his fault if we lose will it?
We're like the North Korea of football: every year the crops fail so Kim Jong Tisdale executes some peasants whilst building himself another pitch err palace

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
This season was meant to be the most exciting and interesting one in years. No excuses, we have the money, the players and everything in place to challenge but we just don't and we won't. I'm disappointed to say that I've reached the end of my tether with Tisdale now. I've kept quiet on this season as a whole as I have waited a fair amount of time to assess the season we're having but it just isn't good enough. We're going backwards and I'm struggling to get excited about anything to do with us this season. We were better last season for goodness sake. We won't get top 7, which is a real shame as I was confident before the season started. Something needs to change. We're boring and everything is now so predictable and stale. This isn't knee jerk. This has been building up throughout the season and yesterdays disaster just pushed me over the edge. We need something new and better.
I fnd myself increasingly agreeing with the point you are making GOG. I haven't quoted the first part of your post simply because I just couldn't do that myself, never have and never will boo my team. I honestly would rather not go if it got to that though by the same token will only applaud the side if I felt the performance was worthy of the club and its supporters. If it was as poor as yesterday I would do as TVR reckons he did which was to turn away and walk out. However I have absolutely no problem identifying with the rest of the post. Like you I feel hugely disappointed after the the exciting possibilities the season offered. I still think Tis can turn this around but he has got to do something pretty drastic about this decline. Unlike many, I like the style of football he has brought to the club and i respect the bloke, but it just ain't working now and a change needs to happen with his approach and certainly with the players approach. good post from you.

Last edited:

oxford don

Be surprised if you're right. Suspect players are very much controlled on what they allowed to do on and off the ball. Our lack to freedom at times is a big part of the current problem with our play.
I agree wholeheartedly with this...Tisdale has a set menu I feel and its his way or nothing... it works against teams trying to play a similar passing game the result is often in our favour and the games very enjoyable, but he has no plan B it seems and when we come up against teams like Barnet who are direct and strong he doesn't seem to be able to change his approach to the game.

Sometimes I feel that some of our better, more creative players like Harley, Wheeler, Ribs, & Nicholls are stifled and almost shackled into doing it Tis way and Tis way only.

The best Managers in any league are those that know how to encourage and reassure their players as individuals, some need a good bollocking, some a cuddle and a cosy chat , some wont respond to either and just know instinctively what to do.

Bobby Robson was one of the best Managers in my lifetime for actual Player Management..he didn't get too worked up on positional play or tactics he just used to tell his players to go out and express themselves be creative and most of all enjoy it. Football isn't like Rocket Science, its a game for the masses purely because its such a simple game...I'm afraid Tisdale sometimes overcomplicates it and perhaps thinks too much.

Personally I think he should give the players more encouragement to be creative .... for a man with such sartorial elegance and varied wardrobe he is surprisingly one dimensional..

I think he ought to ditch that stupid hat too, Its a bloody Albatross, it looks ridiculous and he's no Malcolm Allison..

Although saying that, some of his after match excuses are akin to one of Allison's famous quotes......

"A lot of hard work went into this defeat."

IndoMike

And there are selections that I wouldn't make either but the 'we' that Barum refers to is because at any decent club they win as a squad and they lose as a squad be it manager, coach or player. It is a collective responsibility.
It is NOT collective responsibility. The one constant over the last 5 years has been Tisdale. He is responsible. Managers are responsible, not their subordinates. Stop making excuses for him. He got thru the last 5 years by saying he has a 5-year plan. Well, where's the progress?!. Where are the solutions to the problems that we're always had?! The football has generally been boring. There's no excitement. We need a fresh approach. Give someone else the chance for God's sake.

geoffwp

Sorry, disagree, because in the world of football it's the manager that is held responsible.

Well except for Exeter City, apparently.
Trouble is globey its in the world in general and its wrong. I noticed, when i was teaching, that increasingly it was the teacher who was being held to account if a kid was too lazy to work and ultimately fekked up on the exam grades. I think back to when i was that kid and the finger of account would have been firmly pointed at me and my parents would have wanted to know why it was that I had personally screwed up. Its the way society has gone. Something wrong? It ain't my fault and must be someone else's responsibility!! Yeh its easy enough for a manager to say 'I take responsibility' but they probably only do so for effect, like so much else they often say. Whenthe manager says 'we' he is damn well right, its ALL of them who need to take responsibility; players, coaches, management and tea lady. Collective responsibility and collective action to put it right please city, and quick.

geoffwp

It is NOT collective responsibility. .
yes it is.

Mackster

I think he ought to ditch that stupid hat too, Its a bloody Albatross, it looks ridiculous and he's no Malcolm Allison..

Although saying that, some of his after match excuses are akin to one of Allison's famous quotes......

"A lot of hard work went into this defeat."
The hat is the only thing he has in common with Big Malc, or maybe not.....

"In May 1964 he joined Plymouth Argyle, where he had been offered a £3,000 per annum salary. He soon returned to Bath to sign full-back Tony Book. However, Allison knew the Argyle board would be reluctant to permit the purchase of a player with no League experience, who was approaching his thirtieth birthday. Allison encouraged Book to doctor his birth certificate, making him appear two years younger" (source wikipedia)

So is this how Tisdale keeps signing a bunch of ageing gimps? (c) ********

IndoMike

Geoff. I suggest you read the several posts above.. I really can't be bothered wasting any more time talking about Tisdale. Sorry.